San Simian Eco Lodge
US$55
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Hotel El Club(Granada)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoutdoor bathroommangothe ownerinner tubeseco lodgehowler monkeystwo nightsmasaya volcanoceiling fanfish tacoshome basequiet spothot waternice breezelounge chairsdirt roada real treat
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed for several days in February and had a great time! The new owner, Daniel, is great and really cares about the experience his guests have and goes out of his way to help. He did me a couple of great favors (including picking up a new computer mouse for me in Granada when mine broke!) that made the visit even better. I moved to another hotel at the Laguna when San Simian was full but I continued to come back for dinner every other night or so! I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed for a week in March. The room was more rustic than I was expecting (if you're someone who gets scared of bugs you'd best stay elsewhere), but the grounds with the lake water lapping in the distance, the howler monkeys, and the hammocks (which are great for star gazing) are fantastic. Make sure to bring a flashlight. It gets pitch black at night, and to wander anywhere from your cabana (such as down to a hammock to stargaze) you'll need it.

The nature of the place (being so small) it also tends to engender guests getting to know one another. Almost like staying at a friend's place. The staff is fantastic. Only one staff member speaks english but they're all very professional and polite. The food is really really really good and incredibly cheap too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed March 2014 - two couples - myself and my husband, my son and his girlfriend. My husband and I have stayed before, both with the new owner, Daniel, and the previous owners.

Have always loved San Simian but must say that since taking ownership Daniel has been working on renovations and upgrading the property and service and the place just keeps getting better!
Love the location - the food - the service - the rooms - the outdoor showers - the natural setting. Water is warm and calm you can, and will, swim for hours at a time. We spotted lots of the colourful birds of the region, and heard howler monkeys all day long but mostly at dawn and dusk. A great place to wind down, or start your vacation and de-stress.

No a/c in the rooms but due to the breeze from the water and cooler temperatures at Apoyo, ceiling fan and ability to open screened windows at night was not really needed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I spent 3 days in the Mango cabin just before Christmas. We had an absolutely fantastic time. Daniel and his staff were wonderful hosts. Daniel arranged transportation for us from the airport and to Masaya, and he offered great advice on what to do (and what not to bother with). Because my husband is an earth science teacher and very interested in volcanoes, he walked around the lagoon with us and pointed out the tiny little hot springs around the edge. We had great drinks, great food, and lots of time just relaxing in hammocks, floating around in inner tubes in the sun, and just looking out at the beautiful view. A great place to start or end a trip, or just to spend a day.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

There has been a lot of great stuff said about San Simian, Daniel and his staff. It is all true. We started our Nicaragua trip with three nights in the Mango cabana at San Simian. We loved everything about the place. Do yourself a favor, stay here and enjoy the warm water, cooling breeze, great food and wonderful staff.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple