Pros: Excellent service and food. Breakfast was great. Included in the room price, and was ala carte. Dinner was excellent. Included in the room rate is a free guided hike into the cloud forest. Overall we enjoyed our stay.
There was a lengthy intro to resort amenities and the room. We would have appreciated it better if we were staying longer. for a short stay it felt a tad bit long.
We got a room very close to reception and the balcony open to a common walkway, and would have preferred one with more privacy. The space heater was not enough to heat the room.
The main pull for me selecting this hotel was the private hot-tub, but it took very long to heat it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa is a unique luxury cloud forest hotel set in Costa Rica's pristine Bajos del Toro region. Flanked by two national parks, this all-suite and private villa hotel combines upscale comforts with an intense natural immersion experience. Outstanding features include farm-to-table cuisine, a wellness spa, an adventure park, and authentic cultural experiences. Zip-lining, rappelling, horseback riding, waterfall hiking, oxcart painting, Tico cooking lessons and more can be enjoyed by couples and families (minimum age: 8). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your El Silencio Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Silencio Hotel Bajos Del Toro
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa Costa Rica/Bajos Del Toro