Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
1,853 results
All reviewspool villaoutdoor showerour honeymoonmini barliving roombutler serviceafternoon teaattention to detailkids clubout of this worldcooking classmain poolturn down servicetennis courtssecond to nonehigh endchina beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed at the Nam Hai for just 4 days and it was a wonderful 4 days. The hotel was great, the view of the sea breathtaking and the staff showed us what good service means.

Staff- Well trained with a good sense of hospitality. The staff communicated well and made us feel welcomed. The GM and RM were very hands on and the RM was at the lobby to receive us during our arrival. I believe he did that for most of the guests and it was a good gesture as it made a very good impression. Almost all staff could remember our names and room number that made us feel extra special.

Food- Breakfast was amazing as they had a wide selection of juices, fruits and a good balance of dairy products. Great local delicacies. I had the pho bo, pho ga and cao lu which was great. Food was very fresh. The fruits, both local and international fruits were fresh and delicious. I think we spent an hour and a half each morning for our breakfast. Needless to say, we never had lunch as we were still full from breakfast.

We tried dinner at at the Beach Restaurant and felt that the food was once again 5 star. I think the most important ingredient was that the vegetables, seafood and meat products were all fresh. So even a simple stir fry spinach dish tasted good as the vege was fresh.

Activities at the hotel- I think we did everything there except for tennis. The gym is fully equipped, and all the sports activities including swimming was pretty fun. Try not to miss out on a game of table tennis and badminton.

Hotel- The decor is fabulous. But I think it may not appeal to everyone. The hotel is not frilly, flowery and colourful. The architecture is linear, earth toned and is clean. So I think it is a matter of personal taste.
The villa is gorgeous and suits us well but I think it may be too dark for some and the bed that is on a platform may pose problems for those that have knee problems or need to go to the toilet frequently in the middle of the night. I love the room and the concept and idea behind it. The bath tub by the bed is so practical on a holiday resort. The shower room feels like a steam room that provides a refreshing feel after a shower. Don't forget to try the outdoor shower on a hot day.

Overall, we had an amazing experience and a great time. We will definitely go back, when we can.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

they should have photo of different types of room instead of one marvellous beach front villa for all room type, thus causing us to think that the 1 bedroom villa (600+ usd) will have a beach view as well. our view is an unattended dry so called garden.

and no privacy! worker working next door.

well if you really want to stay here, go all the way and pay max.

but this is so not 600 usd view... feel so conned!

• Stayed: August 2012
10  Thank danielapavone
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed 7 days at the Nam Hai and I would say that I fell in love with it. The hotel is located in Hoi An the cutest town in Danang surroundings. The hotel consists of villa style accommodation and I must say that at first sight when I entered the villa and saw the bed setting I got a tiny bit shocked, I didn´t really know how I felt, weather if I liked it or not. The villas have a sitting area, a bedroom area kind of delivered in a combo style on a "balinese shape bed" together with a bathtub, desk and lounge area. After the first night I think the villa and I accepted each other.

Also the villas have a very good bathroom and small but very efficient closet for each guest. The details in the villa are museum kind, with lots of small decoration details, beautiful pillows and lamps, candles etc... All villas are overlooking the sea.

This resort is wonderful, smooth, modern yet with vietnamese style decor, three beautiful pools, two very good restaurants, a bar, gym, tennis court, spa, and a really cute shop with hundreds of lovely items from clothing to art, to decoration, (perhaps they should review the prices of the items they are selling there).

The breakfast is perfect, the staff could not be more nice, and the choice was very extensive. Lunch at the pool restaurant was very good too, the staff at the pool are so cheerful and nice. Pizzas by the pool are a good choice... :-)

I did some tour activities, visited the Marble Mountain and My Son Temple, both organized by the hotel, and both very good. I also signed up for a self defense class with the coolest Karate Master ever. I did that activity together with my other half and I really enjoyed it, I did not take the cooking class though and I regret it because I think it could have been very nice. The hotel has a garden where they cultivate all the veggies and fruit they serve. Thumbs Up big time!!

I would suggest this place to anyone looking for a relaxing yet very cultural choice with amazing service and a reasonable value for money.

Lastly, I must agree with some previous reviews about certain hotel guests (mostly locals) being somehow rude and not appropriate.

Room Tip: Get a villa close to the main building if you don´t want to walk
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alkatrunk
Reviewed 22 August 2012

What can i say except that this was the best hotel i have ever had the pleasure of staying at!!!Our 3 bed beach pool villa was excellent,our butler Duong Tan Hung anticipated our every need and unpacked our bags and assorted the clothes according to which room the kids were staying in.He additionally sorted our clothes for laundry and had the dry cleaning ones promptly returned to our rooms.He was really amazing with the children(18,17,16, 8 and 2years of age).The hotel itself was stunning and the 3 swimming pools were gorgeous.Unfortunately we hadnt counted on it being so cold and wet and new years eve was a bit damp to say the least(not really the hotels fault ;)) our private pool was a toasty 32degrees!!The food was excellent!!! i look forwards to a return during the summer!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank radhi k
Reviewed 22 August 2012

The nam hai is a beautiful and relaxing resort . The hotel has 2 choices of rooms, either a room with a dining room, 3 bedrooms, a private pool and a view of the beach or the room with 1 bedroom, a private pool and a view of the beach. Some rooms even have an private outdoor shower. The breakfast, lunch and dinner is amazing at the nam hai. Every morning I would have either congee or pho Noodles along with fruit, smoothies and some breads. At this hotel they have a man made kids club with many activities (tug of war on the beach, painting, video games, movies, etc.). On some days, the are set up activities such as lantern making, chronically hat making, badminton tournaments and much more. These activities are for everyone who is staying at the nam hai. Each room has their own helper. Every night your helper will bring you a snack before dinner. Some day he/she will even do your laundry. My stay at the nam hai was excellent and hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Have fun!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family