“Where to start?”
Review of Greenhills Hotel

Greenhills Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 St. Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We booked this hotel for the recent bank holiday weekend due to the fact it had spaces available, on arrival we were told we had room 22, this room is at the back of the hotel so doesn't get a lot of sun, this is not a complaint but a possible explanation as to why its so damp and smelly, it's situated in dense forestry with a muddy footpath at the side and probably takes forever to dry out. I took too many clothes and didn't wear a lot of them but they had to go in the wash when home along with the dirty washing as they smelled of the room. Breakfast was not the worst I've ever had and not the best either, apparently the bar ran out of beer according to other guests on the first night we were there. The sun pub just up the road is a very nice typical village pub thats excellent for food and drinks and the landlord took time out to chat with us about our trip and talk football with my son. My point with this review is its such a shame about the hotel as the local is very nice the hotel looks the part on the outside it just seems that not much is put back into the place financial wise and it is neglected. Such a shame.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Jason W
There are newer reviews for Greenhills Hotel

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night and have to give credit where due . We booked last week for a break after booking we were worried as the reviews were not good at all and to sum it up the comments do not reflect what this hotel is really like. We found the family very polite and helpful the room was very clean and bed comfy. So people please don't go by what other people say try it yourselves. I have stayed in many luxury hotels all over the world so for a short stay this hotel hit the spot for myself and two friends . I will go back again without a doubt .

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Olidom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have no idea why anyone would consider this place to be either 'lovely' or reminiscent of a 'trip back in time'. Unless you find the idea of staying in Fawlty Towers lovely, and are seeking somewhere that reminds you of your smelly great aunt's house circa 1948, I would give this a hugely wide berth.

It is depressing, tired, dated and serves food that reminded me of an old people's home I visited when I was in the school band. The boiled egg had no definable yolk, but was rather a hard lump of grey matter indistinguishable from 10 year-old play dough. The coffee was like hot puddle water, and the scrambled egg also scrambled our stomachs. Indeed, my six-year old politely asked for the egg to be covered up while she ate as it was putting her off her floppy, cold toast.

I don't want to be mean, but seriously, don't go here. I paid £180 for two nights with my two little girls, and can honestly say that I could not wait to leave because it was so bad.

Sorry Greenhills.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Anna E
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed here for a night with our two children aged 2 and 7. We stayed in room 7 which is a family room. The hotel looked quite lovely from the outside but inside looked dated. Our room looked like it had recently had some updating as the walls were wallpapered and the furniture ok. However, the bathroom was clearly put in about 30 years ago and smelled musty and stale. The shower was all but useless.

We ate at a pub around the corner which was fabulous - I think it was called the Sun something.

The breakfast was a plate of watery mush, one sausage, one watery piece of bacon, scrambled egg and beans. The choice of cereal for the children was woeful and we had to ask for a pot of coffee twice. I realise they have the constraints of budget but we paid £100 for one night - I've paid much less and received a proper breakfast.

Overall I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Samantha T
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I had a lovely stay here, The room was very nice and the breakfast was very good. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, I stayed in a single room which was very good the only thing I could say was not good was maybe it could do with decorating

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sara602
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We've just returned from an overnight stay here with our 2 year old grandson and we really enjoyed it. The staff were really helpful and pleasant and absolutely lovely with our grandson. The hotel is set in a lovely area and our room (number10) overlooked the pool and was spacious,clean and comfy. We didn't use the pool but it looked fine, a real suntrap when we arrived.The hotel is laid out well with lots of space, some of the decor is a bit tired looking in places but that didn't detract in any way from the relaxing and homely feel of the place.
Breakfast was really nice and staff were great.We'd thoroughly recommend this hotel and hope to return in the near future.

Room Tip: Room 10 was lovely -spacious,sunny and with a lovely view of the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Just returned from 4 nights here. We had a super break reasonably priced. Food was very good and plenty choice. There was also a coach party there from Newcastle way and we all shared a great time. Entertainment was provided and all had a good laugh at quiz and nice atmosphere. Staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked car park - no problems very comfy
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
The Clarence House Hotel
Atlantic Hotel
Atlantic Hotel
#3 of 23 in Tenby

Been to Greenhills Hotel? Share your experiences!