Kaimana Inn Hotel & Restaurant
US$233
US$192
US$320
US$272
Hotel Puku Vai(Hanga Roa)
US$144
US$200
US$135
  • Breakfast included
Mana Nui Inn(Hanga Roa)(Great Value!)
US$81
Hotel Manavai(Hanga Roa)
US$222
TripAdvisor
Taha Tai Hotel(Hanga Roa)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main streetthe ownerrapa nuieaster islandin townfriendly placeother travelersconvenient locationhis wifeevery morningair conditionerhalf day tourmarcelloairporttoursfestivalmoai
Reviewed 5 January 2013

When we first arrived we were disappointed. It’s more of a hostel than hotel and the pictures do not really reflect the fact that the rooms are dark and the bedding old and worn and need replacing. Some floor tiles are cracked, and the shabby bathroom where you have to hold the shower head as it doesn’t stay in position really needs to be updated.

Accommodation on the island is very expensive and the $120 per night charged is due to what I imagine is a cartel as you would be hard pressed to find anything much cheaper.

Having said that, after the initial disappointment, this place does grow on you. The breakfast was very nice and the real coffee a bonus. Seating all the guests together on one table ensures that everyone gets to know each other and I am sure some lasting friendships have been formed at this table.

Marcel is a laid back sort of guy but was always around if you needed anything. The food in his restaurant is good, as are most of the eating places on the island. Expect 10 per cent to be added onto your bill automatically.

The place is very central. It’s close to the airport so all guests get picked up and dropped off which seems to be standard. Wi-Fi was okay though some of the other guests did have problems occasionally.

It was great being able to use the kitchen, and there are books and cards for the guests to use. We did spend several evenings with the other guests drinking and chatting though the cockroaches which came up through the wooden boards were a bit off putting.

Certainly a place to consider when coming to this lovely island, but would next time go for something with a sea view.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank goodtogethome
kaimanainn, Propietario at Kaimana Inn Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

dear Sir,

Thank you for the review, we allready replaced the used things you are asked for.

BEst regards,

MArcelo

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Pleasant hotel, offering fairly basic accommodation, but good value given Easter island prices.

The owner is friendly offering an airport collection and quick tour of the town. He also helps with tours and advice. Breakfast was good, the courtyard was nice to meet other people and chat.

We slept well and weren't disturbed by cockerels or anything. And the windows are fine!! There is a big sliding window providing lots of light.

The room could be modernised a bit and the bathroom needs some work. Wifi was a bit hot and miss.

Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Intending to drive me to the airport, Marcelo asked me whether I'd be ready - my answer; no... I don't want to leave! :)
I spent four wonderful days on this beautiful island and honestly, I didn't spend much time in the hotel simply because I was to busy exploring the island ;) The hotel is well located where the main street with all the restaurants is. The room was very (!) spacious, clean, equipped with private bathroom, safe & fridge. I've got really nothing to complain about :)

Marcelo was a lovely host who's taking great care of his guests! Every morning after breakfast (which was deliciously done by Ruby), he checked on us whether we'd need anything.

I definitely recommend this place and would stay there again!

By the way; sometimes, I've heard people complaining about the prices on the island... my opinion; most likely, you won't ever be again on a such isolated place like Rapa Nui! Everything needs to be imported from Chile either by cargo ship or airplane. So there are reasons for these prices! The people on Rapa Nui try to be as origin as even possible and are taking great care of their environment. So if I were you, I'd stop complaining and would rather enjoy this unique place!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Nicinn
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I had a great experience at the Kaimana Inn Nov 21 - 28. Marcelo is a wonderful host and takes great pride in making sure your stay is a pleasant one. He begins with greeting you at the airport in the traditional manner ( with Lei ) then driving around the town pointing out all the services and places you will need to know. The room is clean and comfortable ... with a fridge and the basics.
It's not a 4-5 star resort ... It's Easter Island !!! if your spending alot of time in your room ....than your missing the point about visiting this place :) The location of the hotel is great ... it's on the main road so it's and easy walk to shops, restaurants,markets,etc ... Taxi's are available to take you anywhere you need or you can rent a Car to travel and explore on your own..
There is Wi-fi available at the hotel....however it is slow ...but here again .."Your on Easter Island !!"
There are many hotels available to choose from on the island, if your looking for a nice, friendly, central located, relatively decent priced place to stay .... then Kaimana Inn would be a good choice :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Dgallaher
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I had a great stay at Kaimana Inn in early November. We were picked up at the airport by Marcelo and given a welcome lei which was nice. The room alright... but like most people have already mentioned, Easter Island is an expensive place, so unless you are willing to pay $1000 per night for an all-inclusive luxury resort, most of the hotels in town are more like family-owned B&Bs, and very basic. The sheets and towels were looking a little tired, so maybe some sprucing up is due. It is also quite dark inside without any large windows. But otherwise, everything was comfortable and we had all the essentials we needed. The safe was not working in our room.

The best part about the hotel though, in my opinion, are the random travelers you meet, as well as Marcelo and his tour. We met some really, really cool people that we would chat with in the common area, and we also did the full-day tour together. The tour was very informative and I thought Marcelo did a great job showing us the island despite there being heavy rain. It was definitely worth it!

Breakfast was included, but portions weren't big, so be ready for that. It's pretty typical stuff for South America... some fruit, sliced lunchmeat and cheese, and eggs. The fruit drinks were delicious though!

One thing that was really frustrating was their WiFi was intermittent throughout our entire stay. It would cut off for hours at a time. I'm not sure if their router had issues, or if they would just shut it off at certain times.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends