Kaimana Inn Hotel & Restaurant
Taura'a Hotel(Hanga Roa)
US$162
Taha Tai Hotel(Hanga Roa)
US$253
US$620
Hotel Puku Vai(Hanga Roa)
US$233
US$164
Hotel Manavai(Hanga Roa)
US$156
Orbitz.com
Mana Nui Inn(Hanga Roa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe main streetthe ownerrapa nuieaster islandin townfriendly placeother travelersconvenient locationhis wifeevery morningair conditionerhalf day tourmarcelloairporttoursfestivalmoai
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Accommodation on easter islands seems to either be massively expensive or guest house. I am a bit of a five star girl so was doubtful about staying here but couldn't face the costs of explora etc. anyway it was good, I was met at the airport as promised. I had two tours per booked and these were not done by the owner but by someone else but that was fine. The rooms are basic but perfectly fine. The location is brilliant, really close to town and the beach which is important.

The owners children are around as you are basically staying near their house, but they are sweet and well behaved so only an issue if you don't like children.

Breakfast is at a table with the other guests, fine unless you prefer private dining.

There is no pool or spa so I have marked these excellent even though they are not there as I can't work out how to leave that blank.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed at the Kaimana Inn for two nights with my family (3 adults) and we had a lovely time.

The rooms were quiet and comfortable and the Inn had a nice homely feel to it. The breakfasts were very good and they were able to cater to my special diet with very short notice. There was a comfortable common area at the Inn where you could unwind at the end of the day and meet other travelers staying at the Inn.

The hosts were lovely. As he had the availability Marcelo gave us two rooms even though we only booked and paid for one. He also took us on a private tour which was fantastic and very flexible. He is very knowledgeable and passionate about the island so I would definitely recommend the tour as well.

I highly recommend Kaimana Inn and would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Kaimana Inn was an excellent choice. Central location and comfortable accommodations. Marcelo and his family could not have been nicer, especially when our return flight was cancelled and he kept us up to date on the rescheduled flight. If we ever get to Easter Island again, we'll stay at the Kaimana Inn and we will recommend it to our friends!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Family run, very welcoming. Extremely relaxed and informal. Lovely people, very helpful. Felt part of the family.
Located in the "city" centre.
Transport from and to the airport.
Incredibly safe. Keys and lockers are very optional.
If you are a light sleeper, prepare yourself to dogs and cocks.
Breakfast: fresh food, prepared at the moment: fruit, eggs, fresh juice, bread, butter and jam - I think ham and cheese as well, but I usually don't eat it. Served at a communal table. Coffee': Nescafe, but there is an excellent Illy coffee shop nearby, if you can't live without.
You easily get to know other clients (there are 6 rooms overall).
I also had dinner at the Kaimana restaurant. I recommend the pescado local - local fish, rice and salad.
Very slow, often absent internet connection.
The owner organizes/runs tours that I also recommend.
Not a typical hotel experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dory N
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My wife and I felt very much at home at the Kaimana Inn. Marcelo and his family were very welcoming. He met us at the airport upon our delayed flight with a broad smile and took very good care of us whilst we were there. Restaurant recommendations, booking us tours as well as delivering some of them too. We also enjoyed the Kaimana restaurant which is very close.

From booking the hotel online, to providing clean, comfortable, and affordable accomodations, you can rest assured that working with Marceleo and the Kaimana Inn will be a very positive experience.

Mau ruru Marcelo y familia. :)

Room Tip: Bring some earplugs for the roosters in the neighborhood if you are a light sleeper. They were not that much of a bother however for me.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple