“Friendly Service, Filling Breakfast and A Great Location!”
Review of Hotel Manavai

Hotel Manavai
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Hanga Roa
Chicago, Illinois
“Friendly Service, Filling Breakfast and A Great Location!”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My husband and I stayed with Hotel Manavai for 3 nights at the end of November 2012 and had a fantastic time!

The rooms were clean, with air con and a refrigerator, and the beds were comfortable. After our 6 hour flight from the mainland we were exhausted and glad the hotel let us check in at 7:30 AM!

The breakfast filled us up for most of the afternoon, it was coffee and juice, eggs, ham, cheese, fruit and bread with jam.

Most importantly everyone that worked at Manvai was more than willing to help us out! Since we only had three days to see the island they helped us plan out our route on where to go and which restaurants were the best.

We loved being in the city, it was easy to walk to the restaurants on the main street in addition to the Moai to watch sunset. There is an ice cream shop near the pier that we went to daily - it was delicious!

The pool was a great addition after we had been gone all day to sit and relax at before the sun set.

Tips:
If you need the internet, it is stronger closer to the breakfast room.

We would definitely suggest this hotel if you are visiting Easter Island!

Room Tip: We were grateful to have the air conditioning in our room!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RTW42012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Quilpue, Chile
Reviewed 5 November 2012

A nice hotel made of wooden bungalows, with luxurious vegetation, a small swimming pool, and a terrace with a view over the ocean, right in front of the place where the sun sets. The staff is friendly. It is not a luxury hotel, and there might be some bugs (just like everywhere on the island), but it's a good choice.

Room Tip: Make sure you bring bugs repellant (that is true for every hotel in the island)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChileanTraveller
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I never write reviews but I had to for this amazing hotel. First of all the location was perfect for any activity. Eating, walking, partying...perfect location. Next, the staff was so kind and nice especially Benjamin. Me and my friend just got back from there and would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a good value and I can not stress enough, location, location, location...

Room Tip: Being there in November the nights were cold so ask for some heat in the room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Richard S
NH
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Great location in town. Kim picked us up at the airport, dropped us off- very accomodating (took care of renting a car for us, gave us restaurant adivce). Rooms are a little dark, but love the property- very old school laid-back Polynesian vibe. Free wi-fi is awesome.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Santa Cruz, Chile
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I booked two rooms at The Manavai in August for 5 nights over New Years Eve. I began emailing the hotel in November to confirm arrival times and if we could be collected from the airport. I sent over ten emails in a three week period and no reply. I then began calling. I must have tried to call over 50 times. Not a single answer at any time of day.
I called the management company in Santiago Chile to ask if the hotel had closed. They told me "No" but they are renowned for not answering the phone! Great hotel practice that!
Finally the management company got back to me and told me they had no record of my booking!
We managed at the last minute to get into another hotel. I shall be taking legal advice after we have returned.
BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL

Room Tip: Choose any other room anywhere on the island and it will be better than here. Possibly under an ahu...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Matt W

Travellers are raving about these Hanga Roa hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2011

I Stayed at this place with my husband, the guy who ran the place should really be in another business as he was not pleasant at all. I got bitten by bed bugs and when I asked them to wash my travel blanket and dry on extra hot heat to kill any potential bugs they charged me $10, what a scam!!! We rented their crap jeep and it was seriously a piece of junk for a day then the next day we rented from downtown location only a block away for a better price and not such a load of crap. Price was high and no discount given for bed bugs. + we had a similar experience as others with the whole US dollar/ Chilean pesos, they charged us extra to pay in their own currency! What a joke. Stay away.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank applejaxX10
Munich
Reviewed 27 January 2011

The hotel is in the middle of Hanga Roa, in walking distance of everything in town. The international staff will help you organize all the activites you can do on the Island.
There's a very nice backyard with tropical plants. You'll have to climb a few stairs to get to the pool, but will have a nice view to the beach.
The hotel is a bit pricy for what's offered, but that's a general thing on the Easter Island. Everything is quite expensive, since almost everything has to be taken there by plane or ship.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo