“Delicious food, best pisco sour, great atmosphere!”

Dominican Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 53 Restaurants in Hanga Roa
Cuisines: Caribbean, Chilean, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2013

For my first night on Easter Island, I wasn't sure where to eat... But I knew I wanted seafood. A fellow traveler and I decided to walk into town and choose a random place. This was the first restaurant we saw. It had a great looking vibe with people at the tables dining and drinking. A nice couple owns the place (she is from Argentina and he is from Dominican Republic) The pisco sour was one of the best I ever had! I asked the waitress for reccomendatons and she immediately said the seafood risotto. She did not steer me wrong. It was absolutely delicious!! Do not miss this place. I will be returning here before I leave easter island.

1  Thank Cory R

Reviewed 19 October 2013

On our last night on Easter Island, we stopped for dinner at Dominican Restaurant because we loved the decor each night we passed it. With an open balcony and courteous staff and friendly owner, this dinner spot not only had a great ambiance, but the food was absolutely fantastic and hands down the best we had on the island. My husband had an amazing garlic lobster and I had shrimp risotto - our only regret is that we went there on the last night because we'd definitely eat there again! It is fairly expensive, however they are one of the few places that accepts credit cards.

2  Thank wanderlustfullife
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Very colorful and inviting restaurant. Stopped in for a quick bite before exploring the town and waterfrong. The food and drink were delicious and served by a friendly gentleman who's English was far better than my Spanish.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I ate at this restaurant because other travelers I talked to recommended it and claimed they ate there more than once while on the trip. My hotel had a coupon for free pisco sour with meal too.
They claim to have the best Pisco sour on the island and I will confirm that indeed they make a GREAT Pisco sour! nummy!
I had the local white fish (cara cara) and it was wonderful.

1  Thank niktravels
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Had good food here, but their prices are in comparison to the other higher-end restos in Hanga Roa, and the value just isn't there. Food is generally expensive on the island, but felt that this restaurant was overcharging. However, the food and service were fine. If you're not fussed with paying a bit extra, then give it a try.