“Best Dinner on the Island”

Dominican Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Hanga Roa
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas
“Best Dinner on the Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. There were six of us and we each ordered something different. We had the Tuna Steak….OMG how wonderful. In fact it was so good we went back the second night and three of the group ordered it. I had the local fish PICI. It was awesome. This fish was caught by the chef earlier that day and it was presented so beautiful.
The couple who own the place are so much fun. If you do not go to this place for dinner you are missing out of the local food and cuisine.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Barry H

• Korean first
Rome, Italy
“dining at Dominican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We spent four nights in Easter Island and for three we had dinner in Dominican restaurant. The food was excellent (both meat and fish), the ambiance was fine and the young argentina owner absolutely delicious. We would recommend it to every one who decides to visit the island.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank mariajose44
Mahopac, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food, best pisco sour, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

For my first night on Easter Island, I wasn't sure where to eat... But I knew I wanted seafood. A fellow traveler and I decided to walk into town and choose a random place. This was the first restaurant we saw. It had a great looking vibe with people at the tables dining and drinking. A nice couple owns the place (she is from Argentina and he is from Dominican Republic) The pisco sour was one of the best I ever had! I asked the waitress for reccomendatons and she immediately said the seafood risotto. She did not steer me wrong. It was absolutely delicious!! Do not miss this place. I will be returning here before I leave easter island.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Cory R
Chicago
“Best food on Easter Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

On our last night on Easter Island, we stopped for dinner at Dominican Restaurant because we loved the decor each night we passed it. With an open balcony and courteous staff and friendly owner, this dinner spot not only had a great ambiance, but the food was absolutely fantastic and hands down the best we had on the island. My husband had an amazing garlic lobster and I had shrimp risotto - our only regret is that we went there on the last night because we'd definitely eat there again! It is fairly expensive, however they are one of the few places that accepts credit cards.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank wanderlustfullife
Boston, MA
“Relaxing lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Very colorful and inviting restaurant. Stopped in for a quick bite before exploring the town and waterfrong. The food and drink were delicious and served by a friendly gentleman who's English was far better than my Spanish.

Visited October 2013