“Average Stay -”

Hotel Rapa Nui
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Hanga Roa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed there one night during our stay on Rapa Nui (we had made reservations elsewhere, but they couldn't accomodate us for our first night on the island, so that's how we ended up at Hotel Rapa Nui). The hotel is close to town. Here's the thing we figured out by the time we left: If you are "in town," you will hear roosters and dogs. More than likely, you will also see roaches. (Note: We did not see ANY roaches during our stay at Hotel Rapa Nui, but saw them every other place we stayed.) If you want to get away from the roosters and dogs, you will have to get away from town, which means you will need a rental car if you don't already have one to get back into town. (Automatic cars cost about $100/day). The wifi at the hotel worked if you sat on the bench outside of the office. Breakfast was "meh" - some juice, apples and bread from the nearby supermarket. There is not always a staff-member on the property. Our guide service picked us up at the airport, and I am not sure who she talked to at the hotel, but an employee gave us the key and eventually we saw Manuel that night. When we checked out, the office was closed. We could not see the ocean at all.

This is probably comparable to a Motel 6 back in the US. For the price of a Hilton in the US.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the wifi, ask to be near the office.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CarrieMississippi

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I just finished a 3 night stay there. I travel a lot but this is my first time to Easter Island. Here's what I liked and didn't like:

pros
1). It is relatively close to everything.
2). It was the best price I could find for a hotel.

cons
1). There is no service. Interns are brought in from Santiago to do front desk and given a place to stay apparently for compensation. My guess is that they weren't actually getting paid. At least that's how I was treated.

2). This was probably the second least nicest hotel I have ever been at. And that's actually pretty bad. The worst had cockroaches and mildew everywhere.

3). There doesn't appear to be any kind of management. It is family ran. Other than Manuel I didn't see anyone else around. And to be bluntly honest. He was only walking around or talking to the interns.

4). Wifi is non-existent. Even sitting 2 feet from the wifi transmitter at the comedor I still wast able to go on the internet.

5). The roosters will have you up at 4am.

Summary
I can't recommend this hotel. I would pay more and stay somewhere else with professional staff. There were just too many flaws with no apparent oversight of the hotel operation. In this case, I did get what I paid for. Next time I will pay more.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank rob2817
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I spent 3 days on Easter Island and found the accomodations in Hotel Noi to be first class. Stayed in cabin 3, and although nice with a partial ocean view, we would recommend trying to rent the cabin higher up (Cabin 7-10) that offer breath taking views. The restaurant and staff were excellent.
Our guided tour given by Matias (and his wife Uri with Uahu tours) was arranged by the Hotel staff. His knowledge of the island history and sites was amazing and his english and spanish excellent. We strongly recommend the guided tours to get a good feel for the island and it's unbelievable history!
My wife and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Choose the higher number cabins for a better ocean view. Restaurant area had great views and good W...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lespin93
Reviewed 2 July 2013

No frills but a good hotel to stay in. I spent most of my time exploring the island and would come in just to sleep. It is well located, around the corner of a main in stree in Hanga Roa. Just walk a few steps and you will have an internet spot which is not expensive to use it, and also a rental car place (oceanic). Some stores and few restaurants as well. Hotel room is big with a good size bathroom. Intenet connection is free but slow specially at hours guests are in all together using it. The internet place around the corner has it much faster. Hotel offers a airport pick-up and drop-off for $6 USD. Everything is really close by in the island.

Room Tip: I had room 121 which has a double bed and a single bed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gilberto40
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The location of the hotel is on the street going to the water and is 2 blocks from the main street with all the shops, restaruants and the supermarket. Everything is within 15 minutes walking distance. The staff is very freindly and can recommend great places to eat as well as some intereting places to see. The rooms are very basic. They provide towels, bar of soap, AC, hairdyer, and safty box. They clean the room daily but only change the towels every other day. The breakfast is good buttis also basic. Breads, jams, cheese, ham, and cereal with hot water for tea and cofee. There isn't a tv in the room but there is one tv in the "shared living room". Along with WIFI there. You can also get interent free at the library (2 blocks away)- otherwise be prepared to be completely disconnected from the world on this island...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mightygeo
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

The hotel is near to the church, main street, two blocks away from the beach. The breakfast is good. The room was spacious. The towels are not changed everyday.

Be aware of your arrival time because the front desk works from 8.30am. I had to wait for at least half an hour to be taken to my room.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Jompi
Reviewed 29 November 2012

What a wonderful, little boutique place Hotel Rapa Nui was. The customer service was always friendly and with a smile, especially, Manuel, who was always available to help out. The price was reasonable for the location and the services offered (included breakfast and Wifi) and the room / bed was comfortable. Everything was within walking distance to the town. We looked at other hotels that were more expensive, but were booked out. We were glad to end up with Hotel Rapa Nui!

Also, we had the 2-day tour visiting the Island with Samuel. He was very informative and knowledgeable with the island. Overall, our experience with Easter Island was great and would recommend anybody interest to go.

The only negative comment I would have is the bathroom seemed to be a little old and slightly dirty due to the water sometimes. Other than that, everything was wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
#14 of 16 in Hanga Roa
explora Rapa Nui - All Inclusive
explora Rapa Nui - All Inclusive
#1 of 24 in Easter Island

Been to Hotel Rapa Nui? Share your experiences!