We stayed there one night during our stay on Rapa Nui (we had made reservations elsewhere, but they couldn't accomodate us for our first night on the island, so that's how we ended up at Hotel Rapa Nui). The hotel is close to town. Here's the thing we figured out by the time we left: If you are "in town," you will hear roosters and dogs. More than likely, you will also see roaches. (Note: We did not see ANY roaches during our stay at Hotel Rapa Nui, but saw them every other place we stayed.) If you want to get away from the roosters and dogs, you will have to get away from town, which means you will need a rental car if you don't already have one to get back into town. (Automatic cars cost about $100/day). The wifi at the hotel worked if you sat on the bench outside of the office. Breakfast was "meh" - some juice, apples and bread from the nearby supermarket. There is not always a staff-member on the property. Our guide service picked us up at the airport, and I am not sure who she talked to at the hotel, but an employee gave us the key and eventually we saw Manuel that night. When we checked out, the office was closed. We could not see the ocean at all.
This is probably comparable to a Motel 6 back in the US. For the price of a Hilton in the US.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the navel of the world is our ecological project that seeks to optimize natural resources, with a philosophy that seeks to achieve sustainable development through the responsible use of our ecosystem. Hotel Rapa Nui was re-designed in search of the perfect balance of preservation and appreciation of the natural and cultural beauty that the mystical Easter Island offers its visitors. Our internationally certified ecological policies under the "Biosphere" and "TripAdvisor" stamps make us the only sustainable native island hotel in Easter Island. Come to enjoy and discover with us the mysterious ancestral culture of Rapa Nui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Rapa Nui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Turismo Chez Joseph Rapa Nui
- Hotel Rapa Nui Easter Island/Hanga Roa