Hotel Rapa Nui is a nice hotel in downtown Hanga Roa. I bought their 4 nights 5 days package which included Airport pickup and dropoff, breakfast daily and a scooter.
I arrived on Easter Island and when I walked out of the airport the driver was there waiting for me. We drove to the hotel where I checked in. I was given a the keys to the scooter however it didn't start so the hotel called someone to look at it. We decided it would not be a good idea for me to take the scooter because this problem may happen again on the other side of the island, so they called a local rental agency and arranged for me to get one from them.
I was in one of the rooms on the lower part of the property. Nice enough. The bed wasn't overly comfortable an probably needed a mattress change. Hot water took a while to get to the room, but being on vacation, I was never so pressed I couldn't wait 5 mins for the pipes to warm up and the hot water to come out.
The staff was very nice and acted immediately on any concern.
The internet is 'weird'. The hotel has 2 networks and one of them was just a router plugged into the wall. The only spot to get internet was in front of the office. Nothing so pressing in my life that this was a problem. The times I couldn't get my phone to connect the front desk allowed me to use the computer to check.
The grounds are very nicely manicured with different flowers and trees. Very nice for sitting on the patio.
The hotel is on a dirt road, but it's only a 20 meter walk down the road. It rain while I was on the island but I couldn't imagine it being that difficult to get to when the road was wet.
The neighbours have chickens and roosters that wake up quite early and make a lot of noise. Again fine with me as I wanted to spend time sight seeing not sleep until noon. A few dogs were present on the grounds but they were very friendly and left shortly after breakfast. (Seemed to be a lot of strays everywhere in the village).
I think I got good value for my money, specially since Easter Island is a 5/6 hr flight from the closest spot where owners can get materials.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the navel of the world is our ecological project that seeks to optimize natural resources, with a philosophy that seeks to achieve sustainable development through the responsible use of our ecosystem. Hotel Rapa Nui was re-designed in search of the perfect balance of preservation and appreciation of the natural and cultural beauty that the mystical Easter Island offers its visitors. Our internationally certified ecological policies under the "Biosphere" and "TripAdvisor" stamps make us the only sustainable native island hotel in Easter Island. Come to enjoy and discover with us the mysterious ancestral culture of Rapa Nui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Easter Island Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Turismo Chez Joseph Rapa Nui
- Easter Island Eco Lodge Hanga Roa