“Great choice”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Hanga Roa
Los Angeles, CA
“Great choice”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Great location just outside of town with views of the water. It's a basic hotel that is kept very clean with beautiful gardens. Hanga Roa is only a short coastal walk away and it is an even closer walk to several Moais where you can see beautiful sunsets. We booked our excursions after we arrived with Patricia. I highly recommend our guide - Patricio. Great choice of accomodations for us.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LataBelle

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Mana nui consists of cozy cabanas situated near the coastline, across from a peaceful cementary with lights at night, and a good 10 minute walk to Ahu Tahai. Vicky and Patti are wonderful souls, so were all the cleaning gals, and driver. The internet was down the whole time we were there, this was the only inconvenience.
We felt very peaceful being there, no club med people or thousands of tourists, it was quiet and serene, yet energetic. There is an incredible amount of energy on this Island. It has a triangular shape with a volcano on each point of the triangle. It looks like a UFO.
My wife and I were extremely sad when we left, even though we were embarking on two other vacation destinations after this one. We found ourselves standing high on one of the Seven Wonders of the World...yet melancholic...missing Rapa Nui... It felt like you left the mother land or something, quite bewildering and unexplainable. I acquired deep knowledge from a few locals that I will forever be greatful for. My theory is this. One doesn't come to Rapa Nui, Rapa Nui enthralls you when you are ready mentally & spiritually.

Room Tip: Don't be cheap, pick the private cabana with the kitchen and laundry machine, it's worth it!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex R
Paris, France
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I enjoyed my journey in Rapa Nui and at Mana Nui. Bicky & Pati & staff were so kind. This venue is a dream for whom loves nature. Near Ahu Tahai, hear the sea and the waves, horses not so far to ride, outside Hanga Roa but 10mn walking. I was delighted. Very sad to leave this island and Mana Nui.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank a_sevillanas
Reviewed 29 August 2012

It is very complicated to find accommodation at this island, but after reading pretty much all reviews available I chose Mana Nui and I have no regrets at all. Vicky welcomes you as a friend she hasn't seen in a while and does her utmost to make you feel at home. From car rental to finding charcoal for a BBQ in property she will make sure you will have a fantastic stay.
The property is clean, offers great views and without luxury it will offer you all needed for an unforgettable Holliday.
I will go back one day and for sure I will stay at Mana Nui and cook my daily BBQ while the sun sets right at my porch. Once more, thanks Vicky! You are a star. I will send you the pic at the airport, I promise.

Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Ernesto A
San Francisco
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I have travelled the world and have lived on four continents. I studied at the university level in Europe and Africa and have taught as well. Few places get enough of my attention to beckon me back. Rapa Nui is one of them. Bicky, Ezequiel and Patricia were fabulous hosts. The property is modest as expected. The ambiance was delicious with a side-dish of native dance by Patricia. Outstanding performer! Yeah, if you are a city bumpkin, the roosters at dawn might annoy you but that is sweet home to me. I go to BA every winter, so RN is an easy jump, but I haven't planned my next trip yet. Soon, though, before the leaves cry.

Room Tip: Get a sea view to gaze at the Moai.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nzuzi
CA
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We loved Mana Nui. It consists of little cottages and ours had a view of the sea and was walking distance to our favorite Moa. Family run, the daughter who picked us up at the airport is a professinal dancer and we visited her native show which was a lot of fun. Her aunt & uncle are artists and we bought a small Moai from this charming couple. We rented a car through the B&B for one day so we could see the sun rise at the "Gang of 15", the largest group of Moai, and drive all around the island after having had a day tour the previous day to get our bearings. The Tavernne du Pecheur is a terrific restaurant within walking distance from the Mana Nui and there is another restaurant at the end of the pier where you can enjoy cocktails at sunset sitting over the water. We enjoyed the reasonably priced Miro restaurant which is very close to the B&B. We found Easter Island to be the highlight of our trip to Chile and an unforgetable experience. The Moais are magnificent and their story and the history of the island itself is fascinating.

Room Tip: Cottage with a view of the sea is best.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank scottnkassandra
California
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This hotel has a very friendly staff and a lovely setting but I'm afraid it was a little loud and uncomfortable. I stayed over the weekend, so perhaps that's why but you could hear loud base-driven music on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Saturday's clubbing went well into daylight on Sunday. The place is rustic, which is quite beautiful but because of the setting away from town, the night is full of roosters and dogs. Because of the noise, I had to shut my window, but that get immediately quite stuffy and hot in the summer. That being said, the stars are quite beautiful and the distance from the beach can't be beat and the breakfast is great. But check the price -- if the room was $40 - their posted rate in the lobby that'd be worth it. But the internet rate is quite high for the lack of comfort.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room away from the noisy neighbors or club scene.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo