“3 Days - 25+ Catch and Released Sailfish - Excellent Trip (Again)”

Cocoa Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“3 Days - 25+ Catch and Released Sailfish - Excellent Trip (Again)”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We returned to Costa Rica the last week of January 2013 for more R&R and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Fishing was back on the menu - 3 full days of it. This was more of a guy outing this time (only because my wife wanted it that way), 2 of my sons ( 22 and 26 ) and myself took to the ocean. It was a great week. The seas were 1 to 2 slight over cast and no rain.

The Boat: A 26 foot Shamrock, a little aged but it's a fishing boat and I got 3 trips for the price of one. Other boats wanted up to $3500 a day (and we were right there with them fishing) - Our Captain was Cesar and First mate was Frank. This boat was again a great choice especially since we had it in years past, they are very affordable, always put us on fish and very accommodating. Both of the crew members speak fluent English and both worked hard to make sure that we had fish and fun.

The crew put the lines out and in the first hour not a single bite, nothing at all then Cesar decided to change baits and teasers.

Within only a few minutes of the lines going back out the knock downs started. I can't tell you how many double hook ups we got and that's when the fun really began. Sail after Sail and it didn't stop until Cesar said we had to go 8 hours later.

The bite stayed HOT for all 3 trips out that week and Cesar stayed on top of it. To be honest I lost count after 25.

The last time I went out on this boat with this Captain I labeled it a Trip of a Life Time when he put us on a bunch of Roosters. This trip matched the last. I think Cesar has some high expectations to live up to when we return and I know he won't let us down.

All food and beverages were provided, we wanted for nothing. They were a great crew. When you think the trip is over I get an email from the owner Hal making sure everything went as well as possible.

Excellent Follow Up, Excellent Crew, Excellent Fishing and Sara, a very supportive part leading up to the reservation of the boat was Fantastic. We highly recommend this Boat. Call Hal and tell him Tommy sent you. We'll be back and thanks for a very memorable trip.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Cocoa_Beach_Tommy

Cocoa Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“5 Roosters in 1 Day ~ Fantastic Crew ~ Trip of a life time”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We made the trip to Costa Rica in April of last year to target specific species of fish that we don't have in Florida. Roosters. We knew if we were lucky we might hook up to one and luckier if we were able to keep it on the line.

The first mate jigged for some blue runners for bait and our Capt ran off to do some serious maneuvering near rocky out crops. That was a rush within it self.

Bottom line, 7 Rooster hook ups with 5 in the boat for photos - All caught and released - with the largest being 60 inches.

The crew had the right gear, used the right bait and luck was with us. I know it isn't ever this easy and I'll probably never have another day like this hunting Roosters. Knowledgeable Capt and first mate. Top of the line.

The boat was well provisioned and ran great. I knew exactly what kind and size of boat I needed to do this type of fishing and inquired well in advance to make sure I was right. It was the perfect size for the type of fishing I needed it to do.

Thanks to the Owner, Capt & 1st Mate for a trip of a life time. Will make reservations for next year to target another species.

Tommy & Linda
Cocoa Beach Florida

Visited April 2012
3 Thank Cocoa_Beach_Tommy
Boise, Idaho, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brindisi Group”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We went with the Brindisi Group fishing from the Four Seasons Guanacaste resort last week. Great people on the boat....but then we ended up catching a slew of Mahi Mahi and a sailfish. Very nice people and accomodating. We would go with this company again. Whenever we go fishing though, we know we may not catch anything...or it would be called catching, not fishing! So we go with that in mind any time we go out.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank CactusCowgirl
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“LOOK CLOSELY AT THE BOAT FIRST!”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We booked our trip to Costa Rica and stayed at the Los Suenos Marriott (it was great!). We have fished in Florida and Mexico before but this was our first trip to Costa Rica. Regretfully, we booked the trip from looking at the website and didn't realize what we were getting into. While the Captain and Mate were very nice, the boat was very small and narrow making it an uncomfortable and unstable ride. It only has a single engine which I didn't like for safety reasons while miles out at sea.

The biggest problem is that they said they would go 12-20 miles out for fish, but when we were there....all the other charter boats we found out were going 30 miles to where the fish really were while we were limited to staying where they weren't. When I ask the Captain about ...."hey, let's go out where the fish are"..... He replied that he couldn't because it costs more fuel!

We did not catch any fish and were very disappointed. When we got back to the dock, we found out all the other charter boats had found fish. We booked another trip with another company and had a great day out the next time. So LOOK AROUND before booking!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank David R
northern california
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“OH MY GOD!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This was an incredible day! Ceasar was our capitain and Frank the "hand"..they were so awesome!!! My husband got to land a blue marlin which of course was released immediatly,a huge grouper and then we all kind of landed a big sail fish which we jumped into the water with! What an experience that was!!! Just a wonderful day with new friends!!! Those guys are awesome!

Visited February 2012