Our family, including our 6 yr old b/g twins, visited the Marriott Los Sueno for a week in early February and I have absolutely no complaints.
My husband and I relaxed and the kids had a blast with the fabulous guys/girls at the kids club. (club Tortuga).
The grounds were spectacular, the pool was great and the entire staff at the hotel provided great service! Every positive item that was written in these reviews is true. So I will address issues that I was concerned with prior to my trip.
There were not a lot of kids staying at the hotel...we are used to staying at Marriott Timeshares, which are more family-oriented. However, there were enough children there to keep my kids busy. And of course they loved the pool!
The best part for us was the Kids club & I cannot say enough good things about its staff, especially David, Frankie and Joe. I felt so safe with them watching our kids that I was able to completely relax and enjoy time alone with my husband.
My daughter (age 6) and I took the Zip Line tour from the hotel. She LOVED it....so if anyone is wondering if kids could handle it, they definitely can.
The poolside service was great. It seemed like someone came around every 5 minutes. We especially enjoyed the service provided by Morgan, the bartender at the swim up bar. He was so friendly and gracious and great with the kids.
The water system at the entire Los Suenos resort area is filtered, so the tap water is safe to drink.
As far as meals go, I actually preferred the restaurants at the hotel over the off-property ones. I do not like to eat seafood, so that is probably why I wasn't overly fond of most of the places we dined at. And don't attempt the beef, steaks are not the best in Costa Rica.
The weather was very hot. About 90 degrees every day. (I'm not complaining) And sooooo sunny. It rained once or twice during the night-that's it! Be prepared to spend lots of time poolside and bring plenty of lotion. There were more than enough lounge chairs and umbrellas. The pool was warm, but refreshing.
Lastly, we were very satisfied with the taxi services provided by Leonardo, whom we hired prior to our trip. Our plane was 2 hours late (a whole other story) and I was so happy to see that he was still at the airport waiting for us. On the way to the hotel, he stopped at a local grocery so we could get drinks etc. (stock up for the hotel, its important!) and he also stopped at the Los Tarcolitos River so we could see the 30+ crocodiles that hang out there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized by Travel & Leisure magazine readers as one of the "World's Best," the Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort is a luxury Costa Rica resort hotel nestled between the warm waters of the Pacific and a 1,100 acre tropical rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel Herradura
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean And Golf Resort
- Marriott Los Suenos Ocean Hotel
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort Costa Rica/Herradura