“Relaxation in paradise”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Relaxation in paradise”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff of Los Suenos Marriott was top notch. Everybody was so friendly and helpful. By the second day the waiters knew our faces and would greet us as if we were friends! The breakfast buffet was one of the best we have experienced. I am extremely critical when it comes to cleanliness and this was one of the best. There were 4 of us in a room and it was large enough for a roll away bed with room to spare. We could not have had a more pleasant family vacation.

Room Tip: We requested a larger room so we did not get an ocean view. Since we were only in the room for cl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kris S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
Helena, Montana
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just came back from a week stay at Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, must say this has been one of our best vacations. Costa Rica is a beautiful country. The tours available from the resort or the tent close to the pool give you wide variety of options. Both were informative and friendly. Mostly enjoyed just hanging out in the afternoons by the pool. The staff was very friendly and easy to talk with. Pura vida Melvin and Andre! The meals at the resort were better than the ones we had off property. Be sure and try the shrimp and garlic appetizer, the lobster and any of the sea bass dishes. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. We are looking forward to coming back in the future.

Havre, Montana
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from 4 night stay at Los Suenos Marriott in Herrradura Costa Rica. I took my 17 yr old son on a company reward trip. We did not have a room with a view, but it was clean, nicely appointed, air-conditioning worked well and was quiet.

The LA Vista restaurant offered a great breakfast daily with made to order omelets, wonderful selection of fruit and very friendly wait staff. I saw no trouble with flies as an earlier reviewer had mentioned. Dinner was equally satisfactory. Coming from MT we are accustomed to a great steak and were not disappointed.

We enjoyed the pool tremendously. Easy to find a chaise lounge and umbrella any time of day. Interesting water feature. I especially enjoyed the hammocks under the trees nearer the "beach". No the beach was not a place we spent any time. It is mostly a sediment bar which occurs because of a mountain stream which empties into the bay.

With that being said, Jaco and Jaco beach is just a 15 minutes ride from the resort. We spent two days there surfing. Check out Surfer Factory for lessons and board rentals. Reasonably priced. Even at 49 I was able to get up and ride the smaller waves after about one hour. Instructors never put a time limit on the lesson. I even saw some 10 year olds who were surfing small waves after lesson. If you can get a group of 6 or so to share a tourismo shuttle you can have resort arrange round trip for $36 for the group. Great Value.

I also enjoyed a pedicure at the resort spa. $45 for a basic pedicure with shellac polish. My estitician spoke broken English but was gracious in allowing me to try my limited Spanish. Limited souvenir gift shop at the resort but the prices were right in line with those I found in Back.

Fitness room is small but adequate. Maybe 4 treadmills, 2 Elypticals, free weights, and 8 or so machines. Very Clean. Staff brings cold cloths after about 20 minutes. They had a wonderful scent and very refreshing.

A walk to the marina is a must. Take the path through the sculpted trees(Banyan trees I think). Other associated arranged a fishing excursion with Los Suenos charter and had a fantastic day with a great number of fish caught. Look to be a number of interesting shops at marina as well as a couple of restaurants worth exploring

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carrie_In_MT
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I just returned from my second trip to the Los Suenos Marriott in Costa Rica. I visited that property a year ago and had some concerns which I expressed to the hotel and to the Marriott Corporate Offices. I must say that I was very pleased to see that some of my comments were acted upon and the property was significantly better, in my opinion, than it was a year ago. In fact, it was wonderful! The hotel was clean and the staff was extremely attentive. It was a great place to visit and I would highly recommend it.

But the prize of the hotel is their Golf Course. The La Iguana golf course is situated within the rain forest with wonderful flora and fauna. I was amazed to see the different species of birds and other animals but it was the monkeys that really struck my eye. I liked them even though they seemed to laugh after they noticed my golf swing!

The secret prize of the golf course is the fore caddy that we had for each of our four rounds. Juan is the epitome of a caddy and had complete knowledge of the course. His judgment of the yardages was dead on and his reading of the greens was outstanding. In addition his personality was so likable that by the end of our fourth round it was like we were saying good bye to a dear friend. Juan made the rounds so enjoyable and to his credit, he refused to allow a ball to be lost. When we hit the ball into the forest, Juan was right in the middle of the thick weeds and refused to leave until he found the ball which he did every time. He was simply amazing. I would recommend Juan to any golfer who really wants to enjoy his round at the La Iguana.

We have already made return reservations for November and have already requested Juan as our caddy. It will be nice to see our friend again. To the management at the La Iguana, Juan is truly a "diamond in the rough!"

Room Tip: a room overlooking the pool is lovely
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Shaker Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a wonderful place to spend a week. Great staff - very helpful (desk, waiters, concierge -Susanna-bell staff), Resort has everything you could want-pool, beach, marina, bars, restaurants, on site trip planners) Great place to headquarter while you explore the beautiful Costa Rica Pacific Coast. Near Jaco - a fun little beach town.

Room Tip: try for first or seconfd floor to be near the lobby or pool
4 Thank jjboyleiii
Diana D, General Manager at Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you!
It has been our pleasure to be able of providing you an enjoyable vacation. I gladly will pass your thank you message to all the associates you mention.

We hope to see you back very soon.
Diana de Rojas
Jaco, Costa Rica
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is one of the best I have stayed in while in CR. The grounds are amazing, the pool is huge and well laid out. You are close to the world class marina for some of the best fishing charters in the world. You can rent a golf cart to drive all over the private roads and see some of the most beautiful homes and landscape around. If you like golf this is the place to stay. The rooms were great as a Marriott should be. The service was very good within the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CostaRicaGlen
SAN RAFAEL
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. The pools, spa, fitness center and golf course were all fantastic. Our waiters Lenin Perez and Alberto Chaves were so friendly and attentive they even let us practice our Spanish with them and were very helpful teaching us new words. We'd highly recommend it, very relaxing!

Room Tip: We picked a garden facing room instead of the ocean since we were not in the room except in the even...
Thank you!
It has been our pleasure to be able of providing you an enjoyable vacation. I gladly will pass your thank you message to both Lenin and Alberto.

We hope to see you back very soon.

Diana de Rojas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herradura
Villa Caletas
Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort
Hotel Pumilio
Hotel Pumilio
#1 of 42 in Jaco

Been to Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!