“Wonderful Hotel!”

Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Herradura
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at Los Suenos with my boyfriend for the last leg of a 10 day trip across Costa Rica. Although slightly outside of Jaco, it takes less than 10 minutes to drive to the town. The hotel was very clean and well-maintained, the rooms were beautiful, and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I lost my iPad case and the staff was wonderful about staying in contact and finding the case so it could be returned to me. Although the restaurants were somewhat pricey, the view from the terrace was well worth it. The pools are large and interestingly connected and the grounds are beautifully kept. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikki F
Write a ReviewReviews (2,311)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family and I recently stayed 2 nights here and enjoyed it. I got a severe ear infection the day before we arrived and was in bed most of our stay. It was a very comfotable room to be in when you don't feel well.

Douglas greeted us upon our arrival and let me know where to find the clinc, he kept asking how I was and was kind and genunine. If you need to see the doctor whille you're there, visit the docotrs at Hospital Clinica Bibilica, it's 5 minuntes away from the hotel. i am forever grateful to them, they were wonderful.

We had $150 resort voucher which made dining on the prmises cost effective.

We did not rent a car in Costa Rica but rather took shuttle everywhere. From my perspecitive,this property would be vastly improved if it had a shuttle that made regualr trips to Jaco.

I didn't like having to go the the Swiss Travel company everytime we wanted to get a taxi. It was burdensome and they weren't too friendly.

The hotel was nice, but favorite part of the hotel was Douglas!

4  Thank wendelyn
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was our second visit to Los Suenos Marriott and I love it. The view of the ocean from the rooms takes my breath away. It is "my happy place". My kids loved the pool and swimming in the ocean. The tour company located on property is useful to schedule day tours and transportation. The property is gorgeous. We participated in the tour through the golf center and although minimal in the delivery of information, it did give us a wonderful opportunity to view the golf course and surrounding area. We saw many iguanas and even found the scarlet macaws on property. Although food prices on property are quite expensive we made it through with a few pizzas from the Cafe. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are breathtaking!
1  Thank Cindy A
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed four days at Los Suenos last week and loved it! My wife and I celebrated our 20 year anniversary recently and wanted to celebrate with our four children on a vacation to Costa Rica. Los Suenos's staff was very warm and made sure our first half of our Costa Rican stay was very special. They were very attentive and always had a smile on their face. Would especially like to thank Karen and Shirley for their exceptional service. The pool at Los Suenos was great and the grounds were beautiful. Beach has a nice view but the beach itself leaves much to be desired. Next stop, the Four Seasons Resort at Papagayo.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Simply amazing. The facility is absolutely beautiful. The staff is kind and accommodating. We were able to completely relax with our family. Our children had a wonderful time playing in the large pool. We also went over to the marina and had lunch and walked around. It was great! We will be returning soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Marriott Los Suenos is a vast resort on the beach. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Amenities such as the pool and kids club are good and the staff are polite. One drawback to this resort is it's remoteness - with external shops and restaurants being 10-15 minute drive away, dining is easiest as the report which can turn costly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelbloggeruk
Diana D, General Manager at Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear

Thank you very much for your review!

We appreciate your feedback!
As you said our property has many amenities which makes very pleasant every stay.
We look forward to having you in our hotel so you can enjoy all the attractions near the resort.
We regret the inconvenience and hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards!
Diana de Rojas.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Amazing hotel. We had only intended to stay here a couple of days for work but ended up staying 5 nights. 1st class service all around. If we needed anything, it was there within 2-5 minutes. Ana the manager went above and beyond. We had left after 2 nights to go to a different resort which was a horrible experience. When we arrived back at Los Suenos Marriott, Ana remembered us and gave us an ocean view room upgrade. She is very kind and on top of her game. Doug the bell captain is amazing and always asking us how we are doing and if he can assist. One tip is when you leave the resort walk to the right and toward the water. The first restaurant you come to has great food and Dennis the owner is amazing. He is from the US and went above and beyond for us. Thank you again Los Suenos Marriott for making our trip special.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herradura
Hotel Villa Caletas
#1 of 40 in Jaco
Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas

Been to Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!