“Los Suenos Marriott Resort”

Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Herradura
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Checked into the resort this afternoon. The new Marriott mobile app for checkin worked well. The staff saw me coming up the walkway and knew my name. I guess being a platinum member with Marriott does pay off. A staff member took me up to my room explained the hotel and then brought me a cheese plate with 2 bottles of water. The room is very nice with a ocean view balcony.

Looking forward to relaxing and seeing the sights of Costa Rica the next few days.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Diana D, General Manager at Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Doug!

Thank you for your review!
We hope you enjoy our resort, as you mention our new mobile app is very fast and convenient.
We truly appreciated your loyalty to the brand and really hope you enjoy your vacation with us.
If you need any assistance just let us know.
Thank you again! Enjoy the nice weather.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one week and had a marvelous time. The staff was very helpful in assisting us and planning excursions, the food at the hotel was great, and the entire experience very relaxing. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for your review!
We are very happy to know that you had a great vacation with us!
As you mention our location is fabulous for excursion and our food is delicious, we hope you can visit us very soon.

Thank you again for sharing your experience!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

First let me start off by saying this is the only decent resort to choose from in the area of Jaco Beach that offers a wide variety of amenities, where you are in a gated and secure area, and can safely dine without worry of the after affects. That being said I would like to get to the nitty gritty, first off I booked my vacation package all inclusive Marriott hotel stay with Expedia.com, when I returned home Marriott "Accidentally" double booked my stay and double charged me for my room which I had already paid for through the Expedia site. Hmmm... During my stay there August 1st through the 7th the power went out, rain came through the roof, my son fell into a collapsed brick walkway, the hallways were infested with insects, hotel workers constantly let themselves into my room without knocking first only to act surprised I was there inside, very few workers are bi lingual, and I had that feeling that the locals and hotel workers were only acknowledge you if we're only throwing money on the table.

Save yourself from the hell hole trip to this hotel and stay near the manuel Antonio national park which is a two hour drive away, I know I wish I had.

Room Tip: All rooms besides the one presidential suite on the fourth floor are the size of shoebox, undersized...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Victoria S

Dear Victoria

You indicated in your review that the service received by staff was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We had a big storm that week as you mention and the entire pacific coast was affected. Costa Rica is very tropical and rain is a factor that we can predict. We promise we will take care of your suggestions and improve.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in August and it was great! We had a red eye flight the night before and the hotel let us check in when we got there! Talk about great service! The beach is very rocky so probably not the best place to stay if you are here for the beach. But the pool is just amazing. It includes a swim up bar, pool service, and multiple swimming areas in the pool. We ate a lot of meals at the marina and that was great! It is only a 0.3 mile walk from the hotel to the marina. The best hotel in this area of Costa Rica.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for your review!
We are very happy to know that you had a great vacation with us!
As you mention our pool is magnificent and the restaurants nearby are great for outside dinning.
We hope you visit us very soon.

Thank you again for sharing your experience!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Played golf at the La Iguana golf club with my buddy, and it was super awesome. Very humid so it was hard to hold our clubs but we played through it. Course is very well kept and super green. Playing in the jungle was super fun with amazing views. Driving range is kinda weak compared to the rest of the course. Los Suenos area is awesome I wish we had stayed there, next time definitely. If your in the area and can afford $150.00 bucks to play I highly recommend playing this course.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Willieb303

Thank you for your feedback!

The Iguana Golf Course is a magic place, full of nature and great views!
We are very happy to know that you had a great time.

We hope to see you soon, so you can enjoy the rest of the property!

Warm Regards!

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I am happy we chose this resort it was beautiful! We loved seeing all of the exotic animals around the campus from parrots to iguanas...the food was over priced...better off getting the breakfast included with ur stay and heading to Jaco 5 min away for a nice dinner...there are plenty of places to eat in Jaco and you can experience true culture out of the resort...the hotel staff was so friendly and even upgraded our room and had tequila for us upon check in since it was our honeymoon...the beach had dark sand and no one swam in it so if u want to take a dip get the $12 taxi service and ride to Jaco the taxi at the hotel is $17...in all it is a beautiful resort perfect for a relaxing getaway...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cscottc9
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at Los Suenos with my boyfriend for the last leg of a 10 day trip across Costa Rica. Although slightly outside of Jaco, it takes less than 10 minutes to drive to the town. The hotel was very clean and well-maintained, the rooms were beautiful, and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I lost my iPad case and the staff was wonderful about staying in contact and finding the case so it could be returned to me. Although the restaurants were somewhat pricey, the view from the terrace was well worth it. The pools are large and interestingly connected and the grounds are beautifully kept. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikki F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herradura
Hotel Villa Caletas
#2 of 3 in Punta Leona
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort
Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas

Been to Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!