“Jimmy T's makes my trip complete”

Jimmy T's Provisions
Ranked #5 of 28 things to do in Herradura
More attraction details
Owner description: Jimmy T's is a gourmet grocery store located on the waterfront of the Los Suenos Resort & Marina in Herradura, Costa Rica. We specialize in epicurean food products, provisioning of yachts & catering services. We have an in-store deli where we offer cold cut meats, daily prepared specials, fresh salads, and meals to order. When staying in LOS SUENOS we are the easy one-stop shop for all your needs from coffee & eggs to toilet paper & fried chicken. We are also a great alternative for meals when traveling with large groups. We'll come to you and clean up too!
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have been to Costa Rica many times and have always made it a point to stop by Jimmy T's sevearal times during my visit. Why because I can shop at Jimmy T's for things I can't find at any of the the Super Mercado's around Jaco. Great meat, lobster, fish, etc..... He also has great deli meats and daily made prepared foods and salads. Even the simplest things taste better. His potato salad is the best I've ever had and I live in New Orleans home of great food. Good cheese is hard to find in Jaco but not at Jimmy T's. Jimmy and his staff have also catered to us at least once every time we have been there and the meal is always amazing. Full course gormet for probably less than you would pay at the restaurants around the marina. Jimmy and his staff are always helpful when it comes to how they prepare the meal, so Jimmy, thanks for the tips on properly grilling steak and chicken. We will be in Los Suenos in November and I can't wait to stop by Jimmy's T's on the marina and see WHAT'S BEEN COOKING! If you go to the Jaco/Herradura/Hermosa area make sure to stop by Jimmy T's!

1  Thank rdangeriii
TheJimmyT, Owner at Jimmy T's Provisions, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thanks so much for your great review! We appreciate your repeated business in the store and catering. I love all the info you added in the review, as well. Please come and see us again soon!!!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Having Jimmy T's cater every meal while at Los Suenos was a huge hit. No grocery shopping, no liquor shopping, just relax and enjoy.

Jimmy is punctual and fun to be around, but his food is off the chart. I would put him up against any Chicago or Naples restaurant. We enjoyed beef tenderloin, cooked like I have never experienced, blackened Mahi to die for, lobster, crab, and shrimp cocktail. His presentation can be as formal or informal (my preference) as you request.

Despite the extreme great quality, his price is quite reasonable to boot.

I plan to visit the Central Pacific regularly, and Jimmy T's will always be a part of my experience.

Try him for a meal, a day, or for your entire trip. You will NOT be disappointed.

My rating: *****+

Rick

3  Thank Rick S
TheJimmyT, Front Office Manager at Jimmy T's Provisions, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thank You for taking the time of make a review for us.
We hope to see you soon!!

Jimmy T's !!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great gourmet stuff with imported goods you can't find anywhere else in Costa Rica.
There's always some great pre-prepared foods for take out as well. If you're staying in Los Suenos, they will cater at your house or condo. A must visit in Los Suenos!!

TheJimmyT, Owner at Jimmy T's Provisions, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Thanks so much for your review! We love getting info about our services and catering out there. We appreciate you taking the time to write about us and your support.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Let Jimmy stock your condo so all you have to do is show up. Has many things you can't find in the local stores. His store enhances your trip.

Thanks so much for your review! I'm glad you were happy with our services and your stay in Los Suenos. Please come back and see us again! Pura vida!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

In a little store nestled among the shops in the beautiful Los Suenos marina sits "Jimmy T's". It's more than just a shop that carries anything an American away from home would want......it's more like "Floyds Barber Shop" in Mayberry! Fun to just visit and talk with Jimmy or his employees while you're there to pick up a little something for dinner. The beef in Costa Rica is just terrible but Jimmy T's always carries the very best USDA beef as well as fish, lobsters, etc. They also have prepared food there "ready to eat"....so great to take home or out on the boat.

Then....there is the "chef" part. He will come to your condo and prepare a first class meal at almost any budget. Very professional in appearance and great with the guests. You can't go wrong.

Thank you so much for that awesome review!!!!