We went to this hotel with my boyfriend for a one-week holiday in June. We were recommended to go close to Chania city. The location is really very nice. It is close from beautiful beaches such as Elafonisi or Balos (you can reach them within max 1,5 hours by car), there are many typical Greek restaurants within walking distance from the hotel as well as small food stores.
As for the hotel itself, it is very clean, with a nice view on the sea, clean beach with beautiful sand (although it is not big enough for the hotel), nice staff, some basic animation program during the day such as water polo, salsa lessons, aqua aerobic, table-tennis and some mini disco for the kids.
The only thing we were kind of dissapointed by was the food. It is not bad but absolutely not good enough for a 5* hotel. The offer is ok but the taste of the food was sometimes really bad. For example pasta is not eatable - they simply dont know how to make it. I would also except bigger variety of fish and sea food and good meat. Also desserts were still the same and I really enjoyed just 2 kinds out of about 15 of them.
Drink: wine is terrible (maybe it is better to pay for a bottle of wine), beer is good, Cola is not real Coca-Cola but some cheap one (not that bad though), the same with Sprite and Fanta. I recommend to pay for the alcoholic coctails which are really nice and cost only 5 Euro (on the bar at the reception). The typical local alcohol they put in coctails included in all-inclusive are not very tasty. Original is original.
Overall satisfaction with the hotel: great place to spend a holiday at but is it definitely the best to have just the breakfast there and enjoy the rest of the food out of the hotel (in Agia Marina or Chania - 20mins by local bus which goes every 20mins)! Also it is worth hiring a car and going for a trip to discover this beautiful island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With excellent views towards the endless beach of Agia Marina, the Agean sea and the beautiful Cretan landscape, guests find themselves in an idyllic natural setting. Add the heated swimming-pool, fitness center, sauna, steam bath and massage room with a la carte restaurants, bars and friendly atmosphere and you have a luxurious environment to match a perfect holiday. Contact our Web Marketing Expert, Kostas Papahatzis -“KostasP”- for help, great discounts on reservations and more information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Bookgreece.com so you can book your CHC Galini Sea View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galini Sea View Hotel Agia Marina
- Galini De Luxe Hotel
- Galini De Luxe Chania
- CHC Galini Sea View Crete/Agia Marina, Chania