CHC Galini Sea View
Elotis Suites(Agia Marina)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$84
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Folia Apartments(Agia Marina)(Great Value!)
US$78
Minos Village(Agia Marina)(Great Value!)
US$100
Atrion Resort Hotel(Agia Marina)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$166
US$138
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Atlantida Mare(Agia Marina)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$52
  • Beachfront
Hotel Eleftheria(Agia Marina)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$65
Vergina Beach Hotel(Agia Marina)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$105
All reviewschinese restaurantanimation teambeach barsea viewmain restaurantwater polosteep walka la carte restaurantsindoor poolbeach buildingmain receptionping pongmini fridgereggae barsister hotelevening entertainmentall inclusive deal
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Välling this hotel a 5-star hotel is a big joker and a fraud.

Lousy service, totally understaffed and total lack of 5-star feeling.

*Reception. Rude staff with very limited language skills.
*Rooms. Rooms in need of renovation. Small,cheap TV with greek tv-channels. The minibar is a small fridge with 2 bottles of water at arrival. Nu refilling däringa the entire week.
*The Restaurant. Total lack of logistics. Too small Restaurant area to provade seats for all guess. Waiting lines up to 30 minuter to get a table. An additional 20-30 minutes to receive the drink order. Always short of food, plats,knives and forks.
*Pool area. Small and dirty pool. Sunbeds occupied before 06.30.
* Bars. One bar with one single bartender servicing the entire hotel at daytime.
Stay away!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Mats W
MALEFIOUDAKIS M, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at CHC Galini Sea View, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Mr. Mats W,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share with us and other travellers your latest experience at the Galini sea view.All your comments are welcomed since we try to do our best for your better accomodation and service.However, I would like to clarify that our reception is multilingual since they are speaking nine different languages and we have never had such problems with our guests until now.Nevertheless, we hope to have you back at Galini Sea View Hotel allowing us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you expect.

Best Regards

Noura Mouslek
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The room was beautiful, the bathroom was amazing and clean; there was this one cleaner, a lovely lady, that would make sure we had enough shampoo and toiletries and would always wave to us and smile whenever we saw her. Although my toilet was placed right next to my shower so there wasn't much legroom when using the loo. Apart from that the room was value for money.

The food was really good, the fruit was so sweet. It didn't taste fake like England's fruit does, when they're always genetically modifying it.

Service was rather poor. I don't think they knew what a smile was! However, you did get the occasional friendly server. The receptionists were extremely rude to me and my parents during our stay there, I wanted to change my towels and the woman looked at me and helped someone else. We tried to book a taxi to the airport and the man reacted to us like we were speaking an alien language, he kept repeating "huh?" in a really rude tone. With that attitude I don't know how people can give tips.

With the fact that there were barely any excursions really surprised me! Crete is really beautiful, and for the money they could be making, I was really surprised that practically all they had was a boat trip!

Overall, I found my stay a bit boring, the only thing that got me excited was the pool table!

I wouldn't recommend coming here.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank 123cat9
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was amazing! We turned up at 2AM, got taken to our room, food was ready for us in our room if we were hungry after our flights, consisted of a ham sandwich, olives, slices bell pepper, rice wrapped in seaweed and also two bottles of water in fridge!

Room Tip: Ask for a double room.. we did and we got a apartment with two floors and a balcony :) but be warned, there's a fair few steps to get up to get breakfast! Which is a good thing as you'll be stuffing your face. Their food is BLISS.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lawrance B
Reviewed 3 August 2014

A "5 star" hotel missing the appropriate service in every aspect!
Not only is the staff incapable of smiling, the restaurant staff in particular is everything but well trained (or trained at all). During lunch and dinner times one has the choice: either the empty plate is being ripped off the table, without a word or smile from the waiter, the second you have finished your last bite or the waitresses are so apathetic that you even have to get your own glasses, water bottle and cutlery to be able to start eating.
We stayed in a family room - the wardrobes are showing heavy signs of usage. The sliding wardrobe doors hardly open (or only with lots of force - not very easy to open for our six year old girl) and the wood is heavily chipped. The beds headboard was so badly ripped that it was replaced half way through our stay.
The shower unit is a fancy multi-choice experience shower system with more selections of water spray than you can imagine, but it too shows all signs of heavy wear. Because of this complex system, don't expect any repair of any broken shower anytime soon. So in our case, only 30% of the shower nozzles were actually working - making showering an experience of a different kind. Who cares if that thing has lights and a radio (and yes, it DOES) - all I wanted is a plain good shower after a day at the beach to wash off the salt water and sand. However the thick grime and limestone around the shower, the blocked shower drain and the shower doors that don't close properly (leaving the bathroom flooded every time you take a shower) do nothing to make you feel fresh and clean again.
So off to a good night sleep - one might hope. I do like it a bit fresher during the night. So the aircon is a welcome piece of equipment to be found in the room. However it has only two modi operandi: On or Off. Leaving the room either freezing cold at 18C or warming up to 26C. However I could change the fan speed and after a few nights of testing (I did have enough time to do so, as to why, you will read that a bit later), I managed to find the right sequence of fan speed settings (which had to be done manually of course) throughout the night to have a balanced 21C (and yes, I AM proud of that!). But a good night sleep not only requires the right temperature, the right lighting - or better, the right lack of light also counts for a lot. Curtains are the solution to that under normal circumstances. Not so ate this hotel. The curtains are badly damaged. Not hanging properly in the railings and closing them is a bit of a fight. One might say that non-closing curtains shouldn't be such a problem as it is night and dark outside - if it wasn't for the balcony lights that are switched on/off centrally and cant be controlled from your room. After all - the hotel should look good and well lit, rather than giving its guest a good night sleep. But then a good night sleep wasn't anyhow possible. Did I mention that we stayed in a FAMILY room? One could assume that this usually involves a certain number of children occupying this room together with their parents. Well, in our case there were two of them. So assuming that these rooms might be located in an area where it is usually quiet (after all, kids do need their sleep), might not be the wrongest thing to do.
Well, guess what! Wrong assumption! Our room (and the other "Family rooms") are located right above the lobby area, which is ... right next to the lobby bar, which is .... where the nightly discotheque is being held. So imaging the surprise of being able to enjoy the heavy beats and bass together with your two little kids until the early hours right from the comfort of your beds. We even once had the pleasure (after a yet again heavy night of disco action) to be woken up at 8:00 by the lawn mower - who would want to sleep on a holiday anyways??
Talking of kids: On its website the hotel boasts its child friendliness. MiniClub (where kids are being supervised by professional, trained staff) is being offered daily from 10:00~19:00. Well, not quite. We first had a hard time finding what was supposed to be the "MiniClub". Hidden away next to the gym was a room with filthy carpets and worn out toys. The hotel was grateful enough to open this room from 10:30-11:30. However this was unsupervised and parents and kids walked in there in their shoes (adding to to filthiness of the carpets), whilst small kids were crawling on these carpets. Not only seems to be there a mismatch of information stated on the hotel´s own website and the situation on-site, throughout the hotel were flyers with MiniClub information stating yet again different opening times. When we addressed this information mismatch with the reception staff, we were told that the person doing their website didn't know what a MiniClub was and therefore the information on the website is wrong. So when we the told them about the flyers hanging in the hotel stating again different times, the receptionist was a bit lost for words. In the end and after asking to see the General Manager they organized a girl from the restaurant to supervise the kids from 11:00-14:00 - so much to well trained staff looking after your children, one would expect from a 5 star hotel.
And by the way ... we never managed to speak to the General Manager as it seams he is a very busy man and spending lots of time in the other hotels he is managing.
I am not much of an animation fan - I do prefer my peace at the pool instead of being forced to watergym or darts. But the animation team in this hotel is worth being mentioned here. If you DO look for animation during your holiday - look ELSEWHERE.
The team - well a duo in fact - was lead by a narcissistic guy resembling Sideshow Bob (from the Simpsons). Not only was he incapable of animating the guests, he didn´t even show any interest in doing so. His little helper (who only joined the animation duo 2 weeks earlier), was doing all the work from carrying the sound equipment around, to setting up the evening shows and drumming up the audiences. All whilst Sideshow Bob was Whatsup-ing with the female guests and arranging dates for the evening (I had the "pleasure" of sitting next to him during dinner and being able to follow some of these conversations - multiple at the same time I must add!)
I must add that the time of writing this (it is midnight at the hotel - but thanks to the disco, the whole family room is wide awake) our holiday still has another 3 days to go. So, dear Mr General Manager, should you despite your busy workschedule manage to read this review within the next three days, we are still waiting to have an appointment with you, as we would love to give you the opportunity to comment on some of these points.
All there is left for me to hope for, is to be able to upload this review before the internet connection is dropping out again (an unstable WiFi is to be expected - but I am using a cable connection on my laptop which is anything but stable).

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the lobby area (and lobby bar) as possible for a good night sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
18  Thank Al_Tsch
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Ok so most of the reviews give out negative points of this hotel . Some of which are true. It is not a 5 star . But please remember this is Greece. Yes we were given the wrong room, but this was soon rectified.
The food in the restaurant is good plenty of choice, especially breakfast, we did not have lunch so I cant comment. Chinese restaurant was excellent, do try and go although you have to book in advance. Keep away from the Italian it was not good, my husband dis not like his starter of crepes far too dry with no sauce, my seafood spaghetti was lovely, main courses were bad so we just left everything. Food in the restaurant for dinner was good lots of greek and Cretan food to choose from, isnt this why you come on holiday to try the local food!!! Wine was warm, hey ho just ask for ice problem sorted.
Our room was good double level with plenty of space, good view of the pool and the most amazing sun rise. we were in room 4105 on the 3rd floor.
The roof top is a great place to catch the last of the evening sun and a perfect sunset,.
Yes there are lifts and stairs but honestly they are not a problem. The hotel is on a hill for god sake!!!! How are you to get about.
Sister hotel on the beach is good, good range of snacks and cold cold beer, with a nice pool and we never had a problem getting a sunbed even in the afternoon, anyway it was so hot we spent most of the day in the beautiful sea.
Entertainment was rubbish, and the animation team dont even speak to you, although he did play some Bob Marley for me when i asked him.
Pool area is far too small for the amount of sunbeds. be careful when walking to the pool bar as it is full of water from the overspill from the pool.
As it was our anniversary we were out for most if the day, we went to Balos, which was very beautiful,also the little fun train was great, we did two trips , seven villages, and western adventure, well worth going,also we went on a sunset cruise from Chania harbour, it was the evening of our anniversary and we had the boat to ourselves, the captain and his ship hand made it a very unforgetable and romantic trip.
Please if you have booked the Gallini dont be disheartened, the hotel is not 5 star but we had a great week, just use it as a base, eat out a few nights if you get bored with the food, its cheap to eat out, we had a couple of nights in the local tavernas at around 40 euros with drinks.
I work in hospitality management, and i just took the hotel at face value and just enjoyed my anniversary holiday with my husband.
Hope this helps you decide whether this is the kind of hotel you want to stay in .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Karen N
MALEFIOUDAKIS M, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at CHC Galini Sea View, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Karen,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for your excellent rating! It’s nice to hear that you were satisfied with your room and also with our Chinese and Main restaurant. We are glad that you could enjoy your time with us and we look forward to welcome you again at our hotel, whenever your travel plans lead you back to Chania.

Best Regards