“Amazing service, amazing food!”
Review of The Bath Arms

The Bath Arms
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Crockerton
Price range: US$20 - US$34
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bath Arms at Crockerton on the Longleat Estate in Wiltshire is under the care of chef Dean Carr, formerly of The Ivy and Bishopstrowe House. Although The Bath Arms is a truly excellent gastropub, it’s clear that Carr respects country pub traditions. You can expect a warm welcome, open fires, relaxed atmosphere, beer garden, and familiar dishes. But you can also enjoy modern comforts, professional service, fine beers and innovative meals, too. Signatures include starter of fishcake with Cornish crab and broad bean and main course of sticky beef with braised red cabbage. Beer festivals, Caribbean BBQs and other events liven this picturesque corner.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked a table here a few days before our visit as we were a large group and needed a high chair - easy. On the day of the visit I called to confirm we could bring our dog. They explained that they couldn't seat us in the restaurant with her, but we were welcome to sit in the bar area and they were happy to rearrange our table for us. GREAT!

I would say sitting in the bar was nicer then the restaurant as there seemed to be a bit more atmosphere. The staff were super welcoming and friendly - wishing my mother in law a happy birthday, chatting to our little boy and making a fuss of the dog too. Perfect in our eyes!

The food was to die for! A huge menu with some standard, well presented ideas as well as some unusual items. Everything has a little twist. It is a little pricey, but it is worth every penny! The portions are plentiful and the good well cooked.

They also had posters and leaflets talking about the special evenings they had coming up - the current one was about Greg from Masterchef coming to visit - something a bit different!

We loved it and will definitely be going back!!

There are newer reviews for The Bath Arms

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Great setting, lovely food, friendly staff they have it all and with 2 beautiful letting rooms it doesn't get any better

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Two of the three times I had dined here I have had their signature Sticky Beef dish and not disappointed. It is melt in your mouth succulent and so tender that I eat it just with a fork. I am a bit of a veg. head so I would like more greens than are offered, but on reflection I probably need only ask as the young wait staff were both very charming and helpful. It is a big and rich meal so avoid lunch unless you have a monster appetite!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Only called in for coffee although we have had reasonable meals here previously. Lukewarm coffee served by a lukewarm staff member in tired, slightly tatty, surroundings especially the garden. Disappointing. Clearly on the tourist trail so they don't need to bother. Avoid.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

A warm welcome by the barman was a great first impression. The understated menu looked limited and modest, belying the quality of the food itself, which was tasty, brilliantly cooked and among the best food I've eaten in years. I had the sticky beef with braised red cabbage and my wife enjoyed the Cumberland sausage and champ. It's all sort of high end gastropub but without any of the pretence, arrogance or high prices. Absolutely love this place.