“Excellent Lunch”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Frome, United Kingdom
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch yesterday. The pub is nicely decorated and felt very welcoming. I had cauliflower cheese with smoked streaky bacon and bread and my friend had ham, egg and chips. The food came promptly, was well presented and tasted great.

We followed this with a latte and a cappuccino which both came with a small piece of chocolate brownie which was out of this world.

With 2 pints of diet coke our total bill was £23. The landlady was very friendly. Would definitely go back.

Visited November 2013

London
“Jewel in desert”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

In an area of Wiltshire which has very few good food pubs The Angel is a stand-out. Great to be able to choose between the restaurant side or bar side depending on mood or occasion. We had lunch for four last week on the bar side. Really excellent Club sandwiches for 2 plus 1 eggs benedict and my wife had the crayfish and salmon open sandwich which she loved. Good service this time and friendly staff and atmosphere. The service can be a bit slow at times. Some feel it is a little pricey but given how often I am forced to pay more for much worse I don't agree. Highly recommended

• Visited November 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Saturday lunch”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is my second visit to The angel to meet family for lunch and each time has been very good. Staff are friendly and service good. The food is lovely, we all had something different and everyone enjoyed their meals. The home cooked pie was full of steak and a rich red wine sauce, the steak with garlic butter and frites was good and our vegetarians portebello mushrooms on toast looked very tasty as did the cauliflower cheese and potatoes dauphinoise. Portion sizes are good and prices fair.

• Visited November 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“The best roast my daughter has ever eaten.It was to rival mine!!( and she says, "that's saying something!"praise indeed.”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My daughter went here with her boyfriend and his family and is absolutely raving about the roast dinner she had. In fact she said it was so good that she would recommend me driving there from Bath to try it!! ( about an hours drive at least)
The beef was "to die for", the spuds were buttery and crunchy, the cabbage was perfectly cooked and she's still going on about it!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JewelHB
Swansea
“Chance find”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were returning cross country to Swansea from Southampton, my wife was driving & I happened to look into the trees on the left & saw a sign for The Angel next left hidden on the embankment. We had our 16month old son with us so I went in to ask if kids were welcome first, no problem if we were in the bar, I would say it was because the restaurant & the garen were packed. The staff were very pleasant and the food was plentiful if a little expensive but the quality was obvious. Only gripe the high chair for our nipper was covered in dust & not particularly clean but we are in the habit of wiping down before hand anyway but this seemed a little excessive. Otherwise it was very nice & if that way again I would think we will call in.

• Visited September 2013