“Little gem”
Review of Anchor Inn Beer

Anchor Inn Beer
Ranked #6 of 9 Beer B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We have been to many old english inns but I can say this was the best , good food and very clean everywhere .The staff go the extra mile at all times (well done) especially Anna . Would recommend to all my freinds and will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Old_English_Inns99, Manager at Anchor Inn Beer, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you for your feed back myself and the team are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

This Pub/Hotel is located at the lower end of Beer High Street, right by the harbour. It is a really lovely location, and just a very short stroll down the hill to the water's edge. The hotel is clean and smart and the rooms are comfortable. Most, if not all, rooms have a sea view. The bathrooms are modern and clean, and plenty of fluffy white towels are provided. Tea and coffee facilities are provided in the room and a good wi-fi signal is available free of charge. The pub and restaurant has several seating areas, and has a pleasant 'local pub' atmosphere. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Beer is a very busy village in summer, but out of season is a very pleasant place to visit, with some lovely coastal walks right on the doorstep.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have a good sea view, room 5 is one of the best.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tripperUK27

Thank you for your feed back, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we very much look forward to you visiting us again.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Booked a stay at the Anchor in Beer, as my husband had got a business trip down in the area.
I knew the village from holidays there as a youngster, and thought it was about time we revisited!
The staff were marvellous, the room was lovely, quite spacious with a nice sea view. We ate in the restaurant, and the food was beautiful.
Breakfast was plentiful, and the creamy porridge was a real winner!
Would definitely return!

Old_English_Inns99, Manager at Anchor Inn Beer, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your excellent review, the team and I are so glad you enjoyed everything with your stay and we will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Ok I admit it we have been coming here for many years and I have kept stom about this unspoilt haven in North Devon,It's set on the hill over looking the beach where you can hire self drive boats or even do some chartered deep sea fishing. Old fashioned cafes supply any thing from breakfast to cream teas.
It's just beautiful, the high street has really good restaurants, including seafood and a cracking Indian. The Anchor Inn restaurant is very good, offering great locally sourced produce and top seafood, lunch time why not just sit outside in the garden which is on the cliff over looking the beach and enjoy a crab sandwich, what more could you ask for.
This is not a swanky glass and steel hotel it's not plush, the facilities are lacking in some areas because of its wonderful location, by this I mean no hotel parking,no pool, no lifts and not every room has its own bathroom, it's a pub old style (although not small) clean nicely furnished and very comfortable for reasonable money with great food and wonderful hospitality.
We came back from a trip to South Africa where swanky hotels were the order of the day but after a while it gets on your nerves, the artificial tugging of the forelock, filling your cup up every 5 seconds etc etc so this hotel is run like a tight ship but you never see the crew running around, the rooms are cleaned breakfast is ready flowers are out, its as if ninja warriors are at work.
We often request the room with out its own bathroom ensuite (it's just 10' across the landing) because of its views. I don't really care if I have to dash across the landing in my best PJ's I feel sorry for the unfortunate passing fellow guest but I'm sure with the correct lengthy therapy they will make a partial recovery.
My final comment and sincere thanks go to the proprietor Jim and his very trustworthy staff, I stupidly left a gold bracelet that my wife had made for me, in my room when we checked out, it had fallen on the floor. On the way home I realised it was missing and called the Hotel, they had a been given the bracelet, the room service found it and no problem they would mail it to me ASAP .
The Royal Mail managed to lose it then sent it to a holding point and then eventually back to the hotel, this took weeks of chasing. Eventually Jim had to send it again and success, customer service beyond the call.
Go enjoy this hotel be sure to book in advance or and keep it a secrete.

Room Tip: Room with out ensuite the view is great
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, myself and the team are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we will look forward to seeing you both again in the future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We absolutely LOVED our stay at The Anchor Inn. The room had a lovely view, it was clean and warm and welcoming with plenty of drawer and wardrobe space. Chelsea could not have been more helpful. All the staff are so kind and welcoming, it really feels like a little piece of heaven and nothing is too much trouble for them. We ate there too and the food was absolutely lovely. We had crab, whitebait and lamb dishes and they were lovely. Proper mashed potato and roast potatoes and yummy fresh vegetables cooked just perfectly. Even though we were continuing on to another place on our holiday break, we simply did not want to leave!! THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: Room 1 has wonderful views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Old_English_Inns99, Manager at Anchor Inn Beer, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thankyou so much for your feedback, myself and the team are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Anchor Inn, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed here after a busy 3 days at a family wedding at nearby Huntsham Court.
It was the ideal place to unwind as the hotel is located on a very quiet road overlooking the sea.
Our room was comfortable, not huge, but a nice warm place to relax.
The food was very good, reasonably priced, and the staff, particularly Aisha were polite and attentive.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael C
Old_English_Inns99, Manager at Anchor Inn Beer, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you so much for your feed back, myself and the team are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed at the Anchor last week, we had the same room as the last time, overlooking the sea, just love it. The beds are the best I haven't slept as well in ages. We had dinner in the pub, excellent food, and the breakfast was great. The village of Beer is a great little place, I bought fresh crab meat at the fish shop a stones throw away, fabulous. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view !!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cryyzac
Old_English_Inns99, Manager at Anchor Inn Beer, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beer
The Dolphin Hotel
#3 of 5 in Honiton
Durham House
Durham House
#4 of 9 in Beer

Been to Anchor Inn Beer? Share your experiences!