“So much to do , so little time”
Review of Pecorama

Ranked #3 of 6 things to do in Beer
More attraction details
Owner description: PECORAMA - one of East Devon's leading visitor attractions, is set on a hillside above the pictureque fishing village of Beer. It is home to the mile-long Beer Heights Light Railway with its fleet of miniature steam locomotives; the famous PECO Model Railway Exhibition featuring superbly detailed layouts in every major gauge and the PECO Millennium Celebration Garden, five stunning Garden "rooms" based on a celestial theme. Children's activity areas feature the wonderful new indoor 'Play Staion' plus an extensive range of outdoor play equipment, whilst grown-ups can try their skill and stamina on the Crazy Golf course and Fitness Trail. There is a varied programme of entertainment throughout the summer season, including children's shows featuring jesters, clowns and magicians performing under cover of our own big top, the PECO Marquee. The displayed opening times are for the summer season only (Easter to October). During our low season, the Beer Heights Light Railway and Gardens close but the Model Railway Exhibition & Shop, Garden Room Restaurant and Play Station Soft Play area remain open. Please see our website for these facilities’ winter opening hours.
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We spent an enjoyable day here with our 3 grandchildren (aged 7,5 and 4 ). First stop was a ride on the train which they all loved . As it was raining we then had lunch at the garden room cafe which had plenty of choice for everyone and was good value for money. Next stop was the play station which is a great new addition. We then went to watch Elfic the Jester after the children had their faces painted . Elfic was appreciated by all of us and delivered a very enjoyable show . Definitely worth a visit and enough to keep young and old occupied for the day

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"value for money"
in 49 reviews

Reviewed 6 June 2014

What a day! Although quiet, it was very pleasant, the gardens are beautiful! We recommend it to families, especially with young children.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Visited again this year, what a difference to last year. The restaurant was very under staffed, tables laden with dirty plates, food all over the floor, we had a job to find anywhere to have a cup of tea. When tables were eventually cleared not wiped down. The Pecorama is such an amazing place it is so sad that it was spoiled by lack of attention within the restaurant.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had a great day our here being a big kid for the day. We had two train rides, pulled by a liitle steam engine really great. The views from the train were great , all the gardens, across the fields to the sea. Just so nice to be in the fresh air. The weather on the day we went was not great but never mind.There are some model railways inside and you can press various buttons for things to move. Had a wonderful time.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Was here last Saturday (31st May 2014) with a bunch of mates and decided to eat in the Garden Café - was not impressed to see that everyone behind the counter looked about 15 (old age prejudice surfacing I'm afraid) and this turned out to be well founded. Ordered an 'All Day Breakfast' with Black Pud and an extra Sausage (wife wasn't with me!!). Enquired after 30 minutes as to where my meal was and was told it was 'just coming'. The place was reasonably busy but not mobbed and there was a steady stream of food coming out of the kitchen - just not my meal or the meals for my friends. Then another member of staff enquired if I had my receipt which I didn't as the girl who served me had asked if I wanted it and, to save litter, I had said no thanks. "No problem Sir I will look it up on the till" - why didn't he just do that in the first place?

Then an older member of staff (actually the Station Master!) arrived at the table behind us to inform the party there that the Cornish Pasty that they had been waiting 30 minutes for was not available - the mother was no impressed to say the least and an offer of her money back wasn't going to make the problem go away.

Then my friends meals (ordered some 15 - 20 minutes after mine) arrived and I was offered one of those but they didn't have the all important Black Pud or extra sausage.

My meal did eventually arrive and was OK, if nothing special, and combined with the terrible service means that I will not be darkening their doors again.

PS The train ride was great!

4  Thank Kevin S