“Three bells restaurant review”

Premier Inn Lymington (New Forest, Hordle) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hordle
Woking, United Kingdom
“Three bells restaurant review”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I didn't stay in the hotel but went to the restaurant with my son, girlfriend and her two boys. The pub/restaurant is tidy and has lots of space and some outside tables. The usual brewers fayre choices.

I visited on a Tuesday evening at 6.30pm and it was quiet and was served drinks at the bar quickly by friendly staff and then took menus to choose food and order.

We had to complain after 40 minutes and wait further to get our starter despite the pub still being quiet. I felt sorry for the two or three other couples who had arrived as some of them were starting to look at their watches. The mains came quicker and the food was good for your normal pub grub. We had fish and chips, the breakfast burger and gammon and chips.

In summary, the food is ok value and what you would expect but I cannot understand the delay for food when it is so quiet. It seemed under staffed with one guy in the kitchen and two bar staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A lovely stay. The staff could not do anymore for you. They went out of the way to find out information for me and were very pleasant whilst helping. Very clean and comfortable. Good value for money. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Caterham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Clean tidy spacious room with comfortable bed.
Only downside was at breakfast. The cereals,toast and fruit juices are self serve. If your having a cooked breakfast the order is taken by waiter.
If there not busy your cooked breakfast is at you your table before you finish your cereal.
Overall the food in general is good as is the service. If we didn't have young children in the party we would of eaten locally

Room Tip: Most rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Friendly and efficient reception staff. Well-appointed room with comfortable bed and great pillows. Good television with a clean and operational remote! Nice and cool on a hot day. Dinner and breakfast in the adjoining pub were very good and the staff there were also friendly and helpful. Top marks, Premier.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Hotel was as I come to expect with Premier Inn, large room, clean and comfortable.
Check-in was easy and Anna was very helpful.
The restaurant though was not such a good experience. I had a 10 minute wait getting a beer simply because there was only one member of staff serving drinks.
After my drink I found a table (only 10 or so people in the restaurant), took a note of the table number and went to order a meal.
I was amazed to be told there was a 40 minute wait? As this Hotel is 'a little isolated' I had little choice but to wait.
There are a few times now in Premier Inns, where you get the feeling that they simply do not employ enough staff. The staff they do have are friendly and helpful and always seem extremely busy - so no criticism is directed to them. With room only at £93, surely than can employ more people?
I must point out that the food when it came was nice and tasty, it's just the length of time that's needed when using the restaurant that is not so good.
At breakfast I was looked after by Adam and received a friendly welcome and good service. The breakfast too was excellent food. Unlike the evening meal, my food arrived about 10 minutes after ordering!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Somerset, England
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here to be able to catch a fairly early ferry to the Isle of Wight the next morning.

We checked in a went to our room and found a large double bed and a small single bed beside it which appeared to be a small settee put you up. This bed was child size and very low to the floor far below the double bed's height. This small bed also creaked and groaned and I decided that this was not a twin bed room in any sense that I had experienced any where in the world. I went to reception and was told that this was how the twin rooms were set up in the hotel.
They were unable to move us as the small hotel was full. I could not make use of the small put you up.

Later that evening we went to the public house, The Three Bells, Brewers Fayre attached to the hotel. We ordered a meal which was well served and presented but after the main meal we waited 38 mins.for the sweet to arrive even though we asked twice what was happening to our sweets.
We had breakfast in the morning at this location which was very good.

The hotel is only 5 miles from Lymington port.

Room Tip: Do not ask for a twin room.
1 Thank John H
East Dean, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

With a Premier Inn you know exactly what you are going to get and this venue is no different. Comfortable bed, great shower and a clean room. A good base to explore from with Lymington and Christchurch nearby. Plenty of parking is a bonus. At nearly £100 per night however I would be tempted to look at other non chain B&Bs next time I visit the area. ( Avoid room 8 as the landing door next to it bangs as it closes!!)

1 Thank Jason S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hordle
South Lawn Hotel
Stanwell House Hotel
Stanwell House Hotel
#2 of 7 in Lymington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,524 reviews

Been to Premier Inn Lymington (New Forest, Hordle) Hotel? Share your experiences!