We went for lunch and were immediately impressed by the friendly professional
Welcome by all the staff and the owner Liz. The food was first class, being a hot
Sunny day we were sat outside and were lucky to get a table and this was midweek , the
Mill is obviously very popular.
I would say that the mill is not cheap but then I would be prepared to eat less often if you could guarantee the quality and standard of food which the Chefs at Mill at Gordleton source locally. So often nowadays one goes to a pub or restaurant chain that offers a standard menu with no culinary ambition.
We walked around the grounds and admired the sculptures and the various
Gardens including the secret garden. I was fortunate that when I went to use the facilities I managed to see the beautiful interior rooms.I got talking to Liz the owner who proudly showed me the Mills latest room refurbishment and what a great job they have done. It's very romantic with a beautiful free standing bath.
Even though we only live fifteen miles away, I have this room earmarked for our next special
Occasion. The Mill is a truly romantic and magical place and deserves all the awards that it has received and more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a pretty privately owned restaurant with 7 lovely individually decorated bedrooms, serving gorgeous local or organic food. We try not to be pretentious, preferring instead to be informal and friendly, but we are still totally committed to quality and service. But the best part of all is the river and rambling gardens, home to a family of ducks and if you are lucky you might even spot a Kingfisher! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Mill at Gordleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mill At Gordleton Hotel Hordle
- The Mill At Gordleton Hordle, Hampshire