The Mill at Gordleton had been highly recommended to us and within ten minutes of arriving it was easy to see why. The hospitality of all the staff we met was outstanding; from the bar staff, the restaurant staff and the owner, all seemed determined to please.
Our room was clean, comfortable, well equipped and cosy. The shower was powerful and large - no having to squeeze into some cubicle designed for midgets! The bed was comfortable, although I prefer a duvet. I am sure that had I asked, one would have been produced, although at 1 o' clock in the morning my request would not have been reasonable, even in my consideration.
My wife and I had the full dinner menu and breakfast the following morning. The food was beautifully served and tasted delicious. I'd like to have stayed a week to taste the whole menu. The wine list was sensible, both in length and price.
I'm not surprised this is a popular venue for weddings; with such a delightful setting, beautiful gardens and such obliging and welcoming hosts. The Mill is a great find - we shall return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a pretty privately owned restaurant with 7 lovely individually decorated bedrooms, serving gorgeous local or organic food. We try not to be pretentious, preferring instead to be informal and friendly, but we are still totally committed to quality and service. But the best part of all is the river and rambling gardens, home to a family of ducks and if you are lucky you might even spot a Kingfisher! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Mill at Gordleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mill At Gordleton Hotel Hordle
- The Mill At Gordleton Hordle, Hampshire