This hotel is a delightful experience. Reading the reviews on this site I thought I must add mine. Yes, there was a septic tank smell in the front carpark but hey, look where the treatment system was located. Right outside the front door of the hotel. It couldn't be situated anywhere else because of the river. You are in the country down here. No mains sewerage anywhere near. The hotel is just great. The metal sculptures of dragonflys and fish divine, although rather expensive! The room we stayed in on the front of the hotel had some problems with hot water and the water pressure was not great. No "Power" shower as you might find in a modern hotel. The floor creaked as well but what do you expect from an old building like this. The floor boards are probably 400 years old!
The resturant is just lovely, overlooking the well laid out gardens and the river. Food was exceptional. A great selection of local produce and wine to die for.
Enjoy what you are here for: A great country hotel set in the heart of the New Forest with a great resturant and quirky features.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have 12 lovely individually decorated bedrooms, serving gorgeous local or organic food. We try not to be pretentious, preferring instead to be informal and friendly, but we are still totally committed to quality and service. But the best part of all is the river and rambling gardens, home to a family of ducks and if you are lucky you might even spot a Kingfisher! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Mill at Gordleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mill At Gordleton Hotel Hordle
- The Mill At Gordleton Hordle, Hampshire