The Mill at Gordleton
Inglemere(Hordle)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsducknew forestthe private dining roomset menugardens are beautifulfor sunday lunchlovely lunchhomemade shortbreadpuddingscallopsbirthday celebrationwine listopen firestayed two nightsevening meala real gemcooked to perfection
Reviewed 11 September 2009

We were very glad that previous reviews did not colour our decision to visit this hotel, the rooms were beautiful, the staff wonderful & food gorgeous.nothing was too much trouble fo anybody at this hotel.wish we could have stayed longer we hope to return soon.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank relaxed86
Reviewed 1 September 2009

We have just returned from our second visit to the Mill and would have no hesitation in recommending it. In fact we have already done so. The food is excellent, the Mill is very relaxing and in a beautiful setting. Looking forward to our next visit

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alf68
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Speaking as someone with (so i'm told) neurotic minimalist tendancies I found the afforementioned attention to detail and interior design way over the top for my tastes. The whole place is so overpoweringly girlish and chintzy it's like a second hand upholstery showroom for the WI. I was even more annoyed by this when I noticed various baubles and knobs have started falling off the beds/walls/cushions/indescribable wall mounted chintz exhibits. You won't need to worry about any noise from downstairs as you won't be able to hear it above your curtains. No criticism here though, but I would have preferred not to have been forced into walking through an old multi coloured shag pile carpet.

The whole crispie duck saga is so blatantly a marketing ploy I actually felt more sorry for the duck than I did for myself, even the toy crispies (which are everywhere, they seem to have taken over reception and are holding the receptionist hostage, there is never anyone there apart from them) have been cursed by the chintz.

• Stayed: August 2009
2  Thank chiggort
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I simply can not understand how anyone could have a bad thing to say about this place. This is the most beautiful and peaceful location in this area, with an attention to detail which is second to none. We have been going here for a few years and recently had our wedding here. The staff were amazing and could not do enough to make our day fantastic. The food is outstanding, excellently cooked, even when catering for a big event like a wedding. I would urge anyone who is thinking of visiting or staying to go, and don't listen for a minuite to any of the negative comments that have been written, they are utter rubbish - this is the best place I have ever visted and eaten at.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank Charfoxmo
Reviewed 2 August 2009

On sunday 25th July we stopped at this establishment for Sunday lunch- it was a cool day so we asked to have a table in the resturant but they we full but we were offer a place in the small bar area which we accepted. We were just entering when we notice a golden retiever laying on the floor which my mother in law (who has difficulty in walking due to MS) had to step over to get to our table - the owner commented about the dog being old- We were perusing the menu when in strolled a women with two dogs in tow -a black and white small dog and a huge big fluffy mountain dog whose head could have rested his head on the table. The dogs greeted each other with the normal growl. the big fluffy dog was wet and smelt like a wet dog. Were we supposed to have lunch in a kennel. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We left the bar area because of the dogs and the bar tender non plus attituded. DISGUSTING.
At door of the resturant a young lady who asked why were leaving aplogised and found us a table on the side of the resturant were i must say we had a good lunch well served and very tasted.
Dog should not be allowed into a small pub area were food is served - Its not right!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family