“A lovely spot near Stratford and Chipping Campden”
Review of Winton House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Upper Quinton
Winton House
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“A lovely spot near Stratford and Chipping Campden”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

For our needs this place was fantastic. It was halfway between Stratford-upon-Avon and Chipping Campden and set in a village spot away from the less attractive Lower Quinton. The breakfast was lovely and our room had all the facilities we needed including a fridge, powerful shower and free wifi. Our room was called the Chapel Room and overlooked the gardens which were well kept. My only slight reservation was the hosts had hired a lovely lady called Lucy to look after us which made it feel more like a hotel than a family run b and b. This is in no way any criticism of Lucy she was fabulous and even made our rooms up every day and served us tea and coffee in the lounge, she was a gem!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jop41
James_Savin, Owner at Winton House, responded to this review, 5 October 2014
Hi there,

Thanks for your lovely review, sorry about our lack of presence when you stayed, we were having rare weekend away with friends when you came so were less around than we should have been. Lucy is indeed rather perfect, we will miss her awfully when she leaves to start her new life at the end of the month. Future guests will have to run the gauntlet of Alex's or my poached eggs instead !

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, England
Reviewed 27 June 2014

If you want to experience England in all it's glory then I recommend staying at Winton House. The accommodation is situated in a cute little green surrounded with acres of fields. The Village is just a short walk away, with chocolate box cottages and a beautiful old church. Stratford is just 10 minutes drive away and there is a bus that service that picks you up from outside the B&B every hour to take you into town. Warwick Castle is 20 minutes away and well worthy of a visit. I would definitely stay here again. The rooms are modern and cosy. The breakfast is fab and locally sourced. The welcome was warm and the views where amazing!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Meon room which was a large family room overlooking the green.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Duetch
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am from Los Angeles, Ca and we are spending 2 weeks traveling around Europe. I was recommended Winton House by a friend of a friend and after reading the reviews decided to give it a go. Charming property surrounded by the green fields and rolling hills of the Cotswalds, yet only 10 mins from the hustle and bustle of Stratford.
We stayed in the Meon room which overlooks the green. The crisp, clean white linen along with the comfy bed worked wonders for the jet lag! A brand new bathroom with a really good hot shower did the trick before heading down to the elegant dining room. The breakfast was fab, organic perfectly poached eggs (hens are in the garden) tasted out of this world, fresh coffee from the French press and as much granola and yogurt you can manage!
The garden is gorgeous, lavender and roses scent the air and the lawn is immaculate. This place is a credit to the couple who run it, a gem! If your looking for a relaxing, clean, modern yet traditional elegant charm of an English B n B, look no further than Winton House!!! Highly recommend spending time here if your coming to Shakespeare country.

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing with brand new modern bathrooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Booked a room for 1 night for this place for the Wife and myself on line to which I received an e-mail back confirming ,and thanking me for my booking for the 28/6/14.
Booked the day off work, booked a child minder to stay over , told the wife I have a suprise for her only to be e-mailed back later that evening saying, "sorry, we accepted this booking in error as we do not do one night bookings at peak times".
More likely they took my booking because they didn't have the room booked out and didn't want to risk not getting anything that weekend, then cancelled my booking when they had another enquiry for both the weekend days! £££££££££££ absolutely disgusting treatment from them with no thought about us and what we had arranged.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ian P
James_Savin, Owner at Winton House, responded to this review, 5 October 2014
Thank you for your measured comments. We confirmed your booking at 3pm on Sunday 22nd June. After speaking to my wife, we realised that she had already arranged that our friends were to stay that weekend. Hence I emailed you again at 6pm to retract the booking. I really do apologise for this inconvenience, and am very impressed that you had made so any arrangements in so short a time. This type of over the top response demonstrates the inherent weakness in the TripAdvisor site. Although we have the opportunity to respond, your review now sits there forever staining our reutation. Congratulations for causing the offence that you emailed me to tell me you were going to cause.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a great place to sat for an overnight trip to the Cotswolds. Very quiet, lovely setting, good breakfast. Great shower and towels. Very clean and tea on arrival much appreciated. Hosts were pleasant and their dogs full of bounce.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Well we keep going back to Winton House so the owners are getting it right. As always clean, comfortable, welcoming, good breakfast - everything we need. Altogether a lovely atmosphere. For us an ideal base for visiting friends and family in this beautiful area on the Warwickshire/ Gloucestershire border. On this occasion we went to Stratford on Avon and the Christmas lights were wonderful - the best I had seen. I can't imagine staying anywhere else on our regular visits to this area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I would definitely recommend Winton House for the Cotswold area or Stratford upon Avon area. The rooms are clean and well equipment with tea/coffee facilities, welcome pack & host favorites for cycle/walk routes and places to eat. Alexandra & James were lovely and professional hosts and their breakfast lady was very attentive making delicious breakfasts. The beds were very comfortable with lovely green views. If you are visiting from a busy City like me, this place is perfect for a family break or a romantic escape away offering very good rates. All rooms have individual warm character without going over the top!

Room Tip: All rooms are of very good condition.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SexyHeels

Been to Winton House? Share your experiences!