“Perfect place for when to stay, for work purposes or leisure.”
Review of The Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brackley
The Cottage
Ranked #3 of 6 Brackley B&B and Inns
“Perfect place for when to stay, for work purposes or leisure.”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stay here regularly in the week for work purposes, I never have any issues. The beds are comfy the rooms are always clean and have everything in them you could need. The owners are great very polite and welcoming. I would recommend anyone to stay here, it's a real home from home.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Southmapton
Reviewed 17 August 2014

If you are looking to stay in Brackley you cannot do better than The Cottage with it's fabulous hospitality, extremely comfortable beds, duvets to snuggle into and a warm welcome from Lynnette and Derek. Lynnette looks beyond basic B&B needs supplying everything required you may have forgotten including a umbrella for your use. I discovered this little gem when my daughter moved there. No spare bed for Mum and Dad so we needed somewhere to stay.I stayed on my own this weekend and was greeted like an old friend show my room and handed my key to come and go as I please. We have stayed in both garden rooms and the guest room,enjoyed use of the garden and will be reluctant not to return when my daughter and son-in-law eventually purchase a spare bed!!! Enjoy this little gem you will not find any better. Thanks Lynnette and Derek.

Room Tip: All accommodation is of an exceptional standard. The garden rooms have en-suites, and microwaves for...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JM C
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I'm actually writing this before departure...risky? What if it goes wrong on checkout? I'll take my chances. So my little girl( 4 legged) and I are on night 2of our 2 night first time ever in Brackley. Already planning our next weekend in the flat but, advantage next time will be knowing what to bring, or shoud I say NOT to bring. We're in the self catering flat but so much I thought you only got in hotels...even, to put in context, we had to get out very early this morning so sinkful of dirty dishes from last night ( yes they supky washing up liquid), we get back and our dishes have been washed and put away! Might try that trick at home LOL. Seriously, last night I was scared to touch anything as it's too lovely, but our hosts have been amazing...very happy to chat, fuss my dog and give us tips on where to go for her to be off lead ( heads up guy people, no off lead in garden as there's chickens, but I have a very fit, athletic Springer and plenty of nearby areas to work her), but also not checking on us 24/7, I know if I need them I can shut but happy to let us be. Signing off now as my girlie is asleep on me on our sofa watching DVD,might not want to leave tomorrow...oh and don't know what the moan review about the wifi was about....well it must work else I wouldn't be writing this.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Windy T
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

weve stayed here as a family a few times when we come visiting friends, anyone thinking of staying here would be wise to book in advance as the rooms are very comfortable and the breakfast is gorgous, situated in its own grounds you can sit outside on a night in a very tranquil setting with local amenities near by. you will be very well looked after here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Eastbourne
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed at The Cottage for the Easter weekend while attending the WEC at nearby Silverstone. This is the third time I have been Derek & Lynnette's guests and I now feel like a family friend. We stayed in the twin garden room and had everything we needed, lovely cosy duvets, fabulous double headed shower, complementary tea, coffee, wine, hot cross buns and the Easter bunny visited on Sunday morning. Nothing is too much trouble, including flexible breakfast times to fit in with what time you wish to arrive at Silverstone, drying out our very soggy coats after Sunday's downpour and freshly laid eggs from their own chickens. I cannot rate these B&B highly enough and only wish I was going to the grand prix in July! So thank you again for everything and special miaow to Jinx the cat!

Room Tip: Every room I have stayed in has been lovely.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hilary p
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I spent 4 months just during the weekdays here. On the whole it was pretty good. A couple of niggling problems such as they tried charging extra for WiFi after I'd arrived and the WiFi signal is very poor. The room was double booked once at short notice so was forced to take a more expensive room. Credit Card was charged once without permission which was a bit cheeky, so would recommend not handing over card details.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Lynnette C, Owner at The Cottage, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
I am disappointed about the comments as I do not think the guest gave a true picture. The mere fact that he stayed for 4 months before finding fault says it all. We do not take any payment from cards without permission and in this case we had written authority to take payments on the occasions that the guest checked out without paying. The room was not double booked as he chose to stay elsewhere as it suited his social calendar. We subsequently let his normal room and when he indicated he would like to return to us we offered an alternative room, albeit at an increased price, but it was a superior room. He was not happy to pay extra but we had written confirmation of his acceptance and we charged the card accordingly after he left without paying at all. With regard to Wi-Fi, we have many regular business clients here and we have never received other comments about poor Wi-Fi reception and furthermore we do not charge extra for Wi-Fi.
Bucks Cross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed here for two nights every week for about a year. Everything was top class from the room comfort to breakfast. High attention to detail all done with love.
I would consider the owners my friends now and would recommend this wonderful boutique haven to anyone.

Room Tip: Book in advance as they fill up quickly!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Deborah R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brackley
The Crown Hotel
#1 of 1 in Aynho
Deddington Arms Hotel
Deddington Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Deddington

Been to The Cottage? Share your experiences!