“Good stay overall”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brackley
Burgas, Bulgaria
“Good stay overall”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed at the Crown on my short break to England. I spent 2 nights there and was welcomed warmly by the front desk personnel. Rooms are cozy and well decorated. They have pillow-top mattresses, which are very comfy so I really had a good night sleep. While I was there I went to the bar couple of times. Restaurant was good. Food was well cooked and served quick and with smile.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Worst experience of my life. This is a [--]. Absolutely filthy. No hot water. Staff unfriend and rude. Told to leave if I wasn't happy, but they had my credit card details. Dirty sheets and toilet. Wouldn't leave a dog there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jaydent666

Travellers are raving about these Brackley hotels

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times this year,I would say it's rooms are some of the worst decor rooms I have stayed in for years.( very tired) The heating is not kept on so rooms cold all night had to stay fully clothed in bed to keep warm. But will say food in bar ok breakfast is ok but keep well clear of sausages. reception in hotel is a bit fawlty towers no real help just here is key & remote for tv now bugger off attitude . I would not stay here by choice ever again but our company has some sort of deal with owner ,the place wants a real make over with new owners.

Room Tip: not a very good image for uk hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Alan B
Poznan
Reviewed 13 May 2013

First time for us in the UK. I'm an expatriate living in Poland and decided to come visit a few friends living in Brackley. I've travelled the world and have stayed in all levels of Hotels. Feedback in my line of business is the most important thing. Unfortunately you can see by the reviews that action is not taken on the feedback , what a pity because I believe there's lots of potential. This one has many positives and many negatives. Positives - food was great , bar was well stocked and reasonably priced. Rooms were comfortable , staff was friendly and worked hard. Internet was working well. Negatives - building and rooms need some serious maintenance , rooms were poorly equipped , rooms were not made up in the morning but in my opinion it all boils down to spending a little money to make more money. The owner needs a wake up. Looking at your bottom line is not the most important. Management did the best they could with the tools they were given. The wheelchair friendly room was a joke , I had a friend staying in the room and it was one of the worst places he ever stayed. Poor access to the room and once we were were in the room we had move all the furniture around before he could move around. I complained and hope the management resolved his unhappiness.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms available first and then pay. The manager on duty was happy to show us the options...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mark G
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Any hotel that gives you a remote control for the TV at reception when you check in is going to have its challenges. This is a really basic hotel. No car park, if I'd known this I would have stayed somewhere else. My room was really large and ok really, oddly furnished though with a dressing table and huge old mirror instead of a desk. I also had three big arm chairs, maybe the hotel didn't have anywhere else to put them. Bed was really uncomfortable, and the loo didn't flush very well. The big clock does chime every night and there was a major draft from one of my windows. I found the team quite nice though, particularly the young woman working on the bar who helped my with everything I needed. My food was pretty dreadful, I had battered fish with chips for dinner, the fish was just all bones. Didn't see the ghost, maybe he's checked out. I won't be back....

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LveTravel
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This 'pub with rooms' is perfeclty satisfactory if you need to stop-over in the area. It is basic but the rooms are nice enough (if a little dilapidated) and the bar is nice. I would not suggest it for anything other than a one night stop-over however. It does not offer the luxury of some other country inns. Brackley turned out to be surprisingly rowdy on a Saturday night and we were kept awake by noise. The owners need to address the problematic timer setting on their heating system - it was very cold between 9 and 10pm but then the heating came on full blast and we woke up in the night incredibly hot. The breakfast portions are generous but the food is not the best quality - the sausage is to be avoided.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeahG17
Bedford
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Overall a good place to stay. Friendly service in a creeky 'olde" coaching inn. Good atmosphere with a good bar area... Restaraunt looked good value although we didnt eat there until breakfast. Great breakfast with a terrible sausage. Change your sausage.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Stewoo7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brackley
Travelodge Bicester Cherwell Valley M40
Travelodge Bicester hotel
Best Western Buckingham Hotel
Premier Inn Banbury (M40, J11) Hotel
Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel
The White Hart
The White Hart
#4 of 4 in Buckingham

Been to The Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!