“great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brackley
London, United Kingdom
“great hotel”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Reading all this reviews i just ask i was living a dream in my stay or the people just like to come to the internet to complain??? Exelent check in allways with a smile , confortable room, exelent dinner , the breakfast is good for start the day, i will be Back !!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have been very happy staying at this hotel. Although the hotel might need redecorating in some respects, it offers good value. The staff are all friendly and most helpful at all times. The food is good and the room is comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nigel A
Builth Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The bed was very lumpy and had no mattress protector. The pillows were thin and not comfortable. The wallpaper in room 3 had seen better days and the paintwork was very poor. The carpets and curtains were unpleasant. The skirting boards and paint ledges in the bathroom were thick with dust. Windows need cleaning. Breakfast: Bacon rock hard not just crispy and the fried egg was like rubber. No I most definitely would not stay at this hotel again. Next time it will be the Premier Inn at Silverstone. No wonder they wanted payment before showing us to our room!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann-Marie P

Travellers are raving about these Brackley hotels

Veberod, Sweden
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last summer and upon arrival the reception was vacant but after 5mins we could check in.staff was polite,good English.
The room was somewhat clean,I found dirty spots around the toilet.room price was a bit high but it was ok.I met the Portuguese owner who was nice and told me few facts about the hotel and the other two hotels he has. I'll visit his other hotel this year and though I was satisfied I hope the other hotel will give me more;)

• Stayed August 2013
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely comfy bed with cotton sheets, warm room and clean, but very tired around the edges. A friendly welcome and helpful staff. Silly things let this place down, which aren't quite worth complaining about but would put me off going again. The flattest pillows I've ever seen, cheap tea and coffee in room, unable to plug in both bedside table lamps at once, bathroom door didn't shut, greasy breakfast, tatty bathroom and weak shower. The toilets in the bar are just about acceptable but very shabby indeed. The £55 champagne celebration package didn't include champagne, although the prosecco was nice. Flowers were a small bunch and only lasted four days. Chocolates were nice as they were a small box of Lindt.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tegucigalpa, Francisco Morazan, Honduras
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel's website shows pictures and a description of its rooms, service etc. It is incredibly far from a realistic view of the hotel - the pictures look nothing like the actual bedroom designs. The word 'luxury' is used - I can assure you that it is not a luxury hotel and this is false advertising. A lot of people have said they stayed here as it is close to Silverstone - I advise you to spend a little more money perhaps and go somewhere else. Although, the usual rate of £90 - 150 is ridiculous - I paid a discount rate of £50 for a double room and still found it not to be worth the price.

I had been up from 4am the morning that I checked in so I was very tired and arrived at the hotel around 3/4pm to check in and hopefully get some rest. I checked into my room - paying when I arrived (although I thought I had already paid when I booked).

I came into the room and it was so far from my expectations; I was extremely disappointed. I thought I will just deal with it for the first night though as I was so tired - however, I then went to close the curtains and they did absolutely nothing to block out light. Literally nothing - there was no way I would be able to rest during the day.

There were also lots of other things I didn't find acceptable - how hard the bed was, the TV not working, the batteries in the TV remote being held in with selotape (!), wires all over the floor. However, the worst thing, which I found disgusting was that there was a door in my room with a small bolt at the top. I unlocked the bolt and opened the door, which led to another door (unlocked) and when I pushed this open it led to another bedroom with only a sofa stopping me from fully opening it!! What if I forgot to bolt my door (not that the lock was very strong) and the person in the other room gained access to my room either while I was out and my belongings were there, or even worse during the night? I found this to be appalling and ridiculous. For an apparently 'comfortable' and 'luxury' hotel.

I went downstairs and told the man on reception I was not happy with the room... we then continued to go around the hotel and see about 3 or 4 other rooms. They were all to the same low standard with wires everywhere and useless curtains. I informed the man I wanted to leave and find somewhere else - he told me he couldn't refund my first night as I was cancelling on the day. I was not cancelling! I was complaining... there is a very clear difference! I found the man to be very rude and disagreed with me very rudely.

By the time I left the hotel it was around 6pm and I had got very upset. I cannot believe I am not £50 worse off for a hotel room that was not up to the standard that had been advertised. The hotel is refusing to refund me this even though I complained and explained to them clearly why. I also phoned the hotel a few days later to inform the same man that if he was still refusing to refund me then I was right this complaint and speak to trading standards - and he actually seemed happy about it?!

So please, don't waste your money... go somewhere else! FYI... I found somewhere 15 minutes away called Middle Aston House, which was £50 for a double. Basic rooms but clean and comfortable, with very beautiful grounds.

I hope I can stop at least one person having the same stressful and upsetting experience that I did.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jess M
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here last night in a twin room with a double bed & a single bed. Both my sister &Ii had a comfortable nights sleep. hotel was clean & decor okay. Guy on reception was very pleasant as was the other 2 staff memebers on. Yes there are noises at night but it is a very old building so it does creak & groan. There was a party going on downstairs & we did not hear any noise from it. Breakfast was very good, plenty of choice in cereals, yoghurts & pastries as well as a good full English. The young man serving at breakfast did not seem to understand English too well but enough to get us what we wanted. Our only problem was the shower not draining quick enough but not a seroius issue to us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brackley
Villiers Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15
The White Hart
The White Hart
#4 of 4 in Buckingham

Been to The Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!