“Over priced for standard”
Review of The Crown Hotel

The Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brackley
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We recently had a one night stay which was £110 for a family room with cobwebs ! The double bed was so uncomfortable I'm sure I never slept I felt ever spring ! The breakfast had plenty of choices but We both opted for the full English which was full of grease and the egg was far to runny ! A couple next to us had to prize the cutlery off the table as they were stuck ! For the price we were very disappointed we have stayed in cheaper hotels that have been cleaner and the food far better. The whole hotel is tired looking and would benefit from a good makeover

There are newer reviews for The Crown Hotel

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I'll keep this short and sweet for anyone thinking of staying in this hell hole. the staff are rude and abnoctious have little time for customer satisfaction. The food is second rate like the staff. the whole place is dirty but the rooms were a new level for me. No fresh towels untill the forth day. all in all avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I've stayed in the Crown hotel for one night. The hotel is very old bit cozy and comfortable. The food was great both bar snacks and breakfast in the morning, full English breakfast and plenty of cereals and fruits.Thestaff very helpful and dedicated. I will come back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel is one of great character.Many winding staircases and rooms on many floors. Our room had a set of Napoleon III Imperial Furniture. Bed and two chairs. It was comfortable and clean.
The floors were not even due to the age of the building so beware if you have difficulty walking. Breakfast was an excellent choice of full English and cold cereal etc.. We were there to visit Blenheim it was an easy 30 minutes drive.

Room Tip: All the rooms were up many winding staircases so not good for those with walking difficulties
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed a couple nights and a friend had already told us to book at this typical countryside hotel in Brackley. We really enjoyed our stay not only because of the cozy rooms, but also because of the friendly and dedicated staff.

Room Tip: Just trust one of the friendly staff members. Francisco suggested us room 20 and we loved it!
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were greeted by a very friendly young man who checked us in and directed us to room 21. The decor was ''interesting' and appeared to have been a diy job or a decorator on work experience,. The bed was clean and comfortable but the room was in desperate need of a good clean. The en-suite was tiny completely lacking in any where to put anything the shower gel and soap were on the loo seat cover and the towel rail had space for only one towel. The room was at the front of the hotel facing the market hall clock which chimed every hour throughout the night. The outside lighting lit up our room and blackout was only provided for one window. The food was excellent at dinner and at breakfast but our stay was spoilt by the lack of attention to the points raised. I appreciate that this is an old historic building but money should be spent in bringing the rooms up to a reasonable standard.

Room Tip: room 21 is a no no if you want a good nights sleep try and choose the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I booked 2 rooms at this hotel. I rang to check if we could have a very early breakfast or a tray, as we had to leave early the next morning. A tray was arranged. On arrival we were given rooms 2 and 7. Went to room 2 first of all - quite nice - left grown ups kids there. Went to room 7 - what a different story. VERY outdated and in dire need of redecoration. Mis matched furniture, old bed, lamps held together with tape and the like. Went out to eat and when we got back the breakfast trays had been left in our rooms. Banana, 2 pastries, fudge yoghurt and pack of cornflakes. No milk had been left to go with them, but I thought perhaps it would be delivered in the morning, so no worries. Got up early for shower. The very old shower head was also held together with tape. Turned it on and it was scalding hot with no way of altering the temperature. Just about managed to shower, by soaping up and then very quickly dashing under to remove soap. Skin was red afterwards. No milk delivered for cornflakes so I went downstairs to try to find someone. Called all round ground floor. Couldnt make anyone hear. Went back 3 times in all then gave up. When leaving finally someone was there. I asked where staff were and receptionist said it is not manned early. I asked if any staff were in the hotel in case of emergencies and he said yes, but did not answer why I couldnt find anyone at all. I said I had been after some milk for the cornflakes and he said that was what the yoghurt was for - fudge?? I mentioned how dangerous the shower was and it should be fixed and he said 'Oh' - thats all.

If the management of the hotel read this, I suggest you get that shower fixed immediately before it really does burn someones skin. I also suggest you invest in some small UHT milk cartons to go with the breakfast trays.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DebMajor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brackley
Travelodge Bicester Cherwell Valley M40
#4 of 4 in Buckingham
Best Western Buckingham Hotel
Travelodge Towcester Silverstone
Best Western Plus Banbury Wroxton House Hotel

Been to The Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!