“Fantastic Stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burnhouse
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here on 25 July 14 through Amazon local deal, the hotel is warm, friendly and clean. The rooms are presented beautifully. The turn around staff do a brilliant job. Nothing was a trouble for the staff, they were warm and friendly and very efficient. The spacious grounds are well kept and the free parking is good. The main hall was decked out for a wedding, it looked fantastic. The only one I have seen to better it for that is Mount Stuart House on Bute. The Burnhouse ticked all our boxes, and the food was fantastic. Many thanks to all at Burnhouse for a restful stay. I recommend the Burnhouse if you are in the area. Good value.

Room Tip: Cannot give a tip here, we only saw ours, but the rest will be to the same excellent standard. Just...
2 Thank Robert W
GlasgowKaty, Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay with us at Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We are delighted that you had a restful and enjoyable stay with us and found the staff to be friendly, efficient and brilliant at their job.

Our grounds are stunning, especially for Wedding photographs and as you mention we have an excellent banqueting suite for this too.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Katy Anderson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Building is nice on arrival in a very quiet area.

However was not impressed at all with the hotel.

Firstly we had a disagreement over payment saying payment was not completed. After several arguments and repeatedly showing the booking reference and evidence I had paid, all was settled. Next time I wish they bothered to read the print out of my booking.

The room was spacious and had a sofa in the room. However the room was not very clean but as we stayed for just one night it was fine.

Breakfast was included and was ok.

If the hotel was better run and if they kept the rooms clean I'm sure they would get better reviews.

Avoid this hotel if possible

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank GotsomePearlJam
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay with us at Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

I am unable to comment on the way that you had made your reservation as we take bookings through many online sites, travel agents and by telephone, however I do apologise if there had been a simple human error regarding pre-payment.

We always aim to provide the best service and I am glad that you found your room to be spacious, had you made us aware of any issues at the time of your stay this would have been rectified. We deep clean all of our rooms and if something has not been to your standard, again we would have resolved this for you at the time.

We always aim to provide the best service and run the hotel to a high standard.
Thank you again for your review.

Katy Anderson

Travellers are raving about these Burnhouse hotels

beith
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just been out to this hotel for a meal with my wife and I have to say that the food and service leaves a lot to be desired. My wife has the Cajun chicken with rice which was so dry that she could not eat it. When the young waiter came to clear the table,he asked if everything was ok with our meal. My wife had to point out to him that she had not ate her dinner , the waiter did ask my wife if she would like a other meal but my wife said it was a bit late now to ask as I myself had finished my meal which would mean my wife would be eating on her on.I had the Arran chicken which was just passable. As we had ordered the high tea, which came with toast that was so pale it looked anaemic, that we had to ask to toast it again. When the waiter brought it back it was not much better plus we then had to ask for butter. The only good thing about the high tea was the cakes (yummy). When you enter the bar area there is a very musty smell plus it needs a good clean as does the conservetory. It is a shame that this hotel is so poor now as in the past it used to be so good.when I went to pay the bill they had taken the price off for my wifes meal but had offered no further apology.

5 Thank james r
GlasgowKaty, Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

I understand that your wife did not enjoy the Cajun chicken dish as she found this to be too dry for her taste. The supervisor on duty offered the replacement dish and when this was declined did not charge you for the Cajun chicken.

Thank you for your feeback on the toast you received, we are now looking to offer bread and butter as everyone enjoys their toast differently and we feel this would provide a better customer experience.

The homebaking we provide is always a treat and I am delighted that you enjoyed this.

Thank you for your feedback on the restaurant and bar area. We are always improving and decorating when appropriate, in order to refrain from causing impact to our customers.

We hope that you do return to Burnhouse Manor Hotel in the future.

Glasgow
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here along with my partner, we happened to book a night the hotel were hosting a wedding. It was very very busy. We moved into the dining room and spent the evening there, the staff did not forget about us even although they were very busy, they brought us drinks and food. Even came to let us know the bar was busy and that they would bring us drinks rather than wait about among the wedding guests.

The manager Katy was such a pleasant girl, taking the time to chat with us making sure we were looked after. Even when I felt a tad unwell the next day ( maybe due to a few tipples, if I'm honest). Such a helpful lady and one of the hotels best assets.

I would return to this hotel based on the staff interaction. Fantastic people skills and a great team, even the night porter was very friendly ( even at three o'clock in the morning).

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Claregeorge84

Thank you for taking the time to review Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We are delighted that you had such a lovely experience and thank you for your kind words regarding our team, this is greatly appreciated.

We always work hard to ensure our customers receive the best experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Paisley
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We went here today was a groupon bubbly afternoon tea, wasn't that impressed pretty poor cake selection think was out a cheap packet cake selection you get at corner shop place was empty had ask for a side plate to eat sandwiches & cake not impressed not saying don't go but pretty average nothing special

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan C

Thank you for taking the time to review Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We make all of our homebaking inhouse, therefore I am totally shocked at your reference to a ‘cheap packet cake’. We have over 40 types of homebaking from biscuits, shortbreads, sponge, strawberry tarts, meringues, scones, pancakes to name a few. Therefore I can not understand how you found this to be average.

I must also note that we would have organised for a return visit for you, had you mentioned this point or changed the cake selection to something that suited you better, from the huge selection we have available.

I do hope that you return to Burnhouse Manor Hotel in the future.

Musselburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Badly signposted, entrance on to road is a death trap, looked good on run up drive, good car park, friendly check in when you find staff behind high desk, reception carpet filthy. Shown to room which was big but furniture need to go into the skip. No hangars, no mirror, empty crisp packets in drawers. Bed linen clean. Half bathroom cupboard mirror door missing, ceiling covered in mold, insets missing off taps, no glass tumbler or even plastic cup, flooring needs replaced, grout needs reviving, shower hose hanging by a thread.
No hotel information re meal times etc. no emergency information, insulation poor. Had to hunt down staff for breakfast, had to ask for milk, juice, butter. Meal was pleasant enough. Dining room tired, walls need painting, paper peeling off ceiling in places. Inside bar musty, needs airing. Would not recommend this at all. Need to get painters and cleaners in and get venue up to scratch then you will have a pleasant location for a game of find the staff member.
No staff on departure to pass on comments to and no feedback slips or similar to leave comments..........

Room Tip: It may be we got the bad room, however there were no indications that things may be better elsewhere...
4 Thank colvic286

Thank you for taking the time to review Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

I must firstly note that we have a bell on both the reception desk and on the bar area. We are a small hotel therefore it is impractical to have a permanent member of the team standing at reception or behind the bar. We find that having the bell facility allows our guests to have a member of staff come to them immediately. You will find this to be standard in most small hotels. I am therefore unsure why you were having to ‘ play find the staff member’.

In addition we would have rectified the items you have mentioned immediately had we been made aware when you had dinner or when you were in the bar having drinks. In addition had you raised any of these issues at check out, when paying your dinner bill, we could have addressed this for you immediately.

I must also note that the emergency information is on the door of each bedroom and within the bedroom pack, which would have been on the desk in your room. Had this not been the case we would have replaced this for you.

I certainly take on board your comments and thank you for posting your review, however I do feel that you would have had a better experience had you spoken to one of our team or myself at the time.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My company booked me into this awful hotel at £100 a night! After going to reception I was shown to my room. The key just about fitted the lock and it did not feel secure. The room stank of a musty smell. The furniture was damaged and was miss matched. The wardrobe simply consisted of two piece of wood with a mirror on the front and a rail connected to the wall. Curtains were from the 1940's. An old LCD TV was on a thirty wall bracket. Bathroom was disgusting and in all this lovely countryside I have a view of a flat roof! The mattress was lumpy and the springs gone years ago. Simply the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Being in the middle of nowhere I wandered down to a 1970's bar to try the meals here. I had a poor quality lasagne with some chips and a couple of beers before having a very uncomfortable night! I checked out a day early and for the same money stayed in a golf club hotel up the road that was beautiful. My advice to travellers is that this hotel looks stunning from the outside but don't judge a book by its cover.

Room Tip: The only tip I can give is avoid this place
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Simon T

Thank you for taking the time to review Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

I certainly take on board your comments, had any of these points been raised at the time of your stay we would have rectified this immediately.

I am unsure of your reference to 1940’s curtains, as these are all newly fitted and 1970’s bar – we refurbished this area a few months ago. The chairs are dark leather, tables a light wood and décor is neutral wall colourings and the bar itself is mirrored with dark wood panelling. This is a really modern set up and we often receive compliments regarding how comfortable and homely this area is, especially from our business travellers.

Our homemade lasagne is a popular dish on our menu and our homemade chips always receive compliments, therefore I do not understand how you found this to be poor quality and again would have changed this for you had you mentioned this to the staff member on duty.

Thank you for your review.

Burnhouse Manor Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnhouse
Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel
Brisbane House Hotel
Bruce Hotel
Bruce Hotel
#7 of 7 in East Kilbride

Been to Burnhouse Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!