I have stayed here twice in the past year, both times socially, and will try to return as soon as possible! Without exception the staff are genuinely friendly, always ready to help.
The bedrooms are best described as 'characterful', as befits an old coaching inn squeezed onto a corner of a twisty old road. There are various comfy seating, drinking and eating areas, and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed.
The menu is quite extensive, and favours locally-sourced wild game, meat and fish. Portions are generous, and presentation is straightforward, not over-fussy. The quality of the food, overall, is quite superb, but amazingly is priced at a 'pub-grub' level. Most main courses are in the £10-£15 range. Not surprisingly, the place was going like a fair when I last stayed, and throughout it all, the staff were always their serene and charming selves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tormaukin is an 18th-century country inn situated in the village of Glendevon near Gleneagles in Perthshire.The Tormaukin is the perfect choice if you need to get away from it all. It's hard to imagine a more perfect retreat nestling in the peaceful Perthshire countryside. Yet, it's only an hour from Glasgow and Edinburgh and close to both Stirling and Perth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Tormaukin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn Perth And Kinross
- Perth And Kinross Country Inn
- Tormaukin UK/Glendevon