We had a planned trip to stay at the Tormaukin with 7 other family/friends to attend a wedding reception. We arrived to be told that they had received our booking but a member of staff had inputted the wrong arrival date of stay into the computer..... I knew the date I booked was correct as I had printed off the confirmation. They also had a copy of the confirmation and they said yes it was for the date I had booked but the problem had been that their staff had made a mistake and they were sorry but they were full and had no rooms as they were full.
They sat us down while another staff member went onto the internet to find us another hotel...On another ocassion this may have been acceptable but we really wanted to be with other members of our party at the hotel we had booked so we were not delighted that we had to move.
I had looked on the internet before I booked and I chose this hotel as it was small and cosy and within a short distance from our evening venue.
They chose another hotel and informed us it was right on the other side of the area we were in and they handed me an envelope with the difference in money which would pay for the new hotel. We had traveled for hours to get there and were not impressed to have to travel again to the new hotel and drive all the way back to go to our evening venue...
We eventually found the hotel in Kinross it was exactly what we would not have chosen as our choice of hotel... Instead of being small and cosy it was very large, with many bars and restaurants and leisure facilities...We were so disappointed but as we were tired and now late for our reception we had no choice but to stay.
On explaining to the staff at our new hotel they were lovely and very understanding and gave us care and consideration on booking in and showed us to our rooms.
Really disappointed that a small hotel with very few rooms can make mistakes with on line bookings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tormaukin is an 18th-century country inn situated in the village of Glendevon near Gleneagles in Perthshire.The Tormaukin is the perfect choice if you need to get away from it all. It's hard to imagine a more perfect retreat nestling in the peaceful Perthshire countryside. Yet, it's only an hour from Glasgow and Edinburgh and close to both Stirling and Perth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tormaukin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn Perth And Kinross
- Perth And Kinross Country Inn
- Tormaukin UK/Glendevon