The Horseshoe Inn
US$141
US$90
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
The Cooden Beach Hotel(Bexhill-on-Sea)
US$199
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Eastbourne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$90
PremierInn.com
Very Good 4/5
Travelodge Eastbourne Willingdon Drove(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
George Hotel(Battle)
US$64
US$58
Average 3/5
All reviewsnew managementwedding partywedding receptionfunction roomfood was amazingfull english breakfastposter bedsunday lunchwedding breakfastvisiting the areatea and coffeecooked to perfectionfresh towelsvery pleasant stayeast sussexcooked breakfastgareth
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Staff were friendly and bed was comfortable but windows in room covered with spiders webs. Cleaning appears to be done to the minimum. There was an awful smell from the drain of the shower. Breakfast was quite good but evening meal was poor in quality. Cannot recommend this hotel other than for a quick one night stopover,

Room Tip: Not sure there is a good room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Extremely helpful, did,nt want for nothing. Definitely going to return. The ginger member of the team makes it his personal responsibility to make sure u want for nothing also. Should be awarded 5 stars. Food excellent also.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here last weekend for one night. Comfortable and clean bed. Staff very helpful. Nothing to much trouble. Had a meal in restaurant every body enjoyed the food.. Breakfast also very good and good fast service. Will diffenately go.back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We booked this hotel based on location, and the picture on the web - silly people we are...

We arrived to find the bar area like the inside of the Mary Celeste (that's an old deserted ship), and wandered around for a little while until someone appeared. Check-in was nice and smooth, all the info we needed, and a nice late check out time.

Finding that the kitchen closed at 9 (erm, hello, this is a chain hotel right on a main road..) was a blow, so we had to rush to choose and order. Unfortunately, they were "very busy tonight". This actually meant that a table of 10 were in the restaurant. I fail to see how this can be translated as busy. Then we found out.... I managed to sneak my order in just before the busy table, but we still waited an hour for the food to arrive. I think there must have been a problem with the microwave....

I had the average burger, on the menu as the 'Ultimate'. It was a burger of no particular note. My wifes mixed grill was okay. My son, who is not one to keep his opinions inside, said the chips were bland and needed better cheese

Dare I mention the room? Well, it was clean and tidy, plenty of towels, plenty of cups, but no hot chocolate for my son. We like hotels, and love exploring the room when we go in - imagine our surprise to find every drawer full of rubbish.... really full. Sandwich wrappers, sweets, you name it. To be fair, the manager was straight up to clean it, and gave us a free drink, so we really can't fault him - he's doing a great job, with no staff....

A friend of ours turned up midway through the meal, sat with us for a while and had 2 pints of bitter that looked cloudy and not quite right. Imagine his surprise when he woke up the next day with a raging headache - he must have had my hangover, because I felt fine after 6 pints of excellent Grolsch.

Breakfast was next, full english of course. It matched the quality of the evening meal - average really, but in keeping with the price paid. My wife had salmon and scrambled eggs - which came back for an encore about an hour later.

All in all, I won't be back. We didn't pay too much for the room and breakfast, but we were £130 poorer at the end after eating and drinking, which would have got a better experience at a different chain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Dear Sirs,

We sent the email below to email copied below to Central R.com - they have now apologised to us & refunded the deposit we paid them, but advise us that the fault lies with the Horseshoe Inn as they sent confirmation to the Horseshoe Inn on 12th Jan 2014 at 21.29pm of our booking.

Big disappointment over all of this, your staff were not apologetic & blamed centralr.com, when they now say it was not their fault.
Tina Lavender
Ruined wedding night....
Absolute rubbish!! I booked a room through CentralR.com at the Horseshoe Inn for our wedding night. I paid a deposit & had a confirmation email. I then rang up the Horseshoe Inn direct to double check my booking (quite important as we were having our wedding night there) & they said no record of my booking & that CentralR unreliable system, but that they would confirm the booking still. On my wedding day, Sat 12th April, went to Horseshoe Inn on my way to Registry Office to check-in (as we werent leaving our reception until later that night) & only to be told no record of a room booked for us!!! Rude receptionist, who did not apologise, but did say we could still have a room however. My original booking was for a double deluxe room. What I got was a very very basic room, 2 thin pillows on the bed, no extra pillows left in any cupboards, not even a bed spread on the bed - so as a result we slept very badly, with a heavily stained dirty shower room & we did not enjoy our first night as a married couple due to this. I would not recommend the Horseshoe Inn or CentralR ever again! None of this is Hearsay - its fact & ruined our wedding day. Sort out your online booking system & useless hotels. CentralR have since contacted me to say no fault on their part & refunded us the deposit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple