“Wonderful place”

Ranked #1 of 5 Herstmonceux B&B and Inns
Weston, Florida
“Wonderful place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our Daughter arranged this as it was within 10 min to the Castle where she was attending university. Upon arrival I thought wow we are off the beaten path. However the place turned out great. Part of the structure was very historical but we'll maintained. Our walks to and from the castle were quite enjoyable. Great countryside views. Room was very comfortable. Breakfast was terrific !! 5£ taxi gets you into pubs and town. Best B&B I have stayed at.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Cleavers Lyng is one of the finest guest houses my wife and I have stayed in. We had 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the Tudor architecture (although the low ceiling beams had to be watched as I am 6'4"), the fine breakfasts and the absolute peace of the Sussex countryside. Thanks, Sally. We ate in two local pubs and one restaurant, all Sally's recommendations, and they were spot on as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Godstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was taken here for a surprise weekend away for my birthday, what a lovely surprise! It is in a lovely setting, beautiful place. We were shown to our room by Sally, who showed us the important bits in our room. The room was lovely, perfect for what we needed - to relax! We took a walk and visited a local pub, when we got back we played some of their games on the landing - what a great idea!

We didn't sleep too well, but thats not the fault of Cleavers Lyng, we were just too hot and I am a fidget!

The breakfast in the morning was really lovely.

Lovely place and dog friendly too! I'd love to return there one day.

Room Tip: Don't expect the rooms to be extremely spacious, they are cosy!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrs_Port
Hay-on-Wye, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Douglas produced a cheese and onion omelette that was the best ever!
That was on top of all the excellence provded by Sally and he at Cleavers Lyng.
Our two collies were made so welcome.
A highly recommended place to relax in, surrounded by beautiful countryside it's a real gem.

• Stayed April 2014
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband & I stayed here for 1 night and had a fabulous time. The balcony room was very comfortable and the bed was amazing. Breakfast was everything you could want and very well cooked.
Sally & Doug make you very welcome and we would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for the Balcony room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed one night in the balcony room. Absolutely brilliant. Views that you could watch for hours and really really peace. Great walks from the door and lovely cooked breakfast. Coupled with comfortable beds and beautiful garden and a great meal out at Cowbeach, it was the perfect pick me up break.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

we stayed recently for 2 nights,had a lovely welcome from sally,showed us to our room which was fantastic 4 poster, as im an avid fan of "four in a bed"program i jokingly put my finger along the sides of the four poster & what a shame it was thick dust on both sides! and then on having a shower noticed the light above mirror was abit grimey & had flies in it,apart from these things everything was brilliant,the cooked breakfast was spot on & as i said on leaving we have stayed in many,many hotels & B&B's and this is the 1st one where i felt totally relaxed & not like i was intruding in someones home,i would say sally has it spot on so thankyou very much & keep up the good work,im sure we will be back oneday soon.

Room Tip: the 4 poster was very comfortable spacewise
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane L
cleaverslyng11, Owner at Cleavers Lyng, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for your review, it is a shame we did not quite hit all of the marks, we do have a cleaning schedule and the Top of the Four Poster Bed is on it, to be dusted at the end of each month, I guess we need to up this to every other week, I will let the House Keeper know and keep my eye on it. I wish you had of mentioned it to me on your arrival and I would have put this right straight away for you. Still I guess you enjoy the public forum side of being a Hotel Inspector at least you did not slate the owner ! Generally it is a good review so thank you for that.
Please let me know if you are coming again and advise me of your dust problem and I will try to make it up to you in some way.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herstmonceux
The Boship Lions Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,794 reviews
The Horseshoe Inn
The Horseshoe Inn
#2 of 5 in Herstmonceux

Been to Cleavers Lyng? Share your experiences!