“Really pleasant for morning coffee”

Davenports Delicatessen & Event Caterers
Ranked #7 of 10 Restaurants in Herstmonceux
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Davenports Event Caterers & Planners - A reputation for plentiful food with big flavours & a touch of adventure.Award winning caterers with a flair & love for event & project management
Sussex UK
“Really pleasant for morning coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Dropped in on passing, really welcoming and friendly place for a morning coffee, and good coffee! Great selection of cheeses and friendly staff.

Visited January 2014

London, England
“A little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Davenports is a wonderful surprise in sleepy Herstmonceux. The effortlessly gracious service quickly puts customers at ease. The extensive range of splendid cheeses, both local and from further afield, is joined by wonderful meats, condiments, cakes, nibbles and other delicious temptations. Legendary sandwiches and tasty soups make it a lunch venue which is difficult to resist. Oh, and the coffee is the best you will find this side of Milan, all served with a smile. It doesn't take long to grow fond of this very special little deli. Long may it prosper.

1 Thank Jimboblondon
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

My mum lives locally to here and raves about this deli, so I when I visited her we had to pop in for coffee and cake. What a gorgeous shop! Packed full with lovely good quality food, lots coming from local suppliers which I was happy to see. A great place for real foodies to indulge. The coffee is fantastic, sitting in the window watching the world go by eating cake and chatting, this is such a lovely place to take some time out and relax. Very friendly lady running the shop. Overall this is a great find.

• Visited December 2013
DavenportsLtd, Owner at Davenports Delicatessen & Event Caterers, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is great to hear such positive feedback from customers. It must be good when your Mum say's so!

We try to stock as many local award winning producers & their products, supporting the local community. Along with our own in house baked goodies, it keeps us out of trouble & hard at work!

We only use Monmouth coffee & it has been a hit from the start, so we'll keep up the good work!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Herstmonceux
“Tranquility and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Somewhere to "disappear" with a cup of coffee and a sandwich and get away from pressures of the day. Definitely go back there

Visited October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is lovely to hear such positive feedback from customers. We hope you visit us again soon for more tranquil, yet amusing service with banter & a smile!

Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“You need this Deli in your life forever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I came across this sensational Deli by accident when I was traveling back home recently. And I must say what a fantastic find it was!!! As I entered, I could see that the owners of Davenports obviously know there stuff. There was a wonderful selection of fine local cheeses on display in the very classy counter. And a wonderful selection of beautiful teas and coffee were on offer as well. I really liked that around the back of the main part of the deli you could sit down and enjoy your choice of drink or food in comfort as well. Judging by the fact there were a lot of people doing just that when I was there shows this place must have a very good reputation! I would highly recommend Davenports. There were also items on sale id never heard of but just had to buy because of that? Smoked salt??!!! Trust me it works! The beer sticks I bought as well were mouthwatering! I can't wait for my next visit. You need this Deli in your life forever!!!! Go visit it now you won't be disappointed!!!

• Visited September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is great to hear such positive feedback from customers & local ones too!!
We like to stock unusual items & local products, items that you wouldn't find in the local supermarkets - it's what supports local award winning producers too!
We look forward to seeing you visit us again & finding some more new products on the shelves too.