“Good Countryside Hotel”

The Kirkmichael Hotel
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional Country pub providing great tasting, locally sourced produce where possible and traditional home cooked pub food -combining quality ingredients and good value for money.
Reviewed 18 October 2022 via mobile

Found off the beaten track about 12miles from pitlochry - the little town of Kirkmichael is such a beautiful area. The hotel sits directly on the main street.

The hotel is a traditional b&b. It is in need of some renovations, but the lovely staff make up for this.

We had a lovely night here, and a great cooked breakfast to set us up for the day the following morning.

Date of visit: October 2022

Reviewed 3 October 2022 via mobile

Wonderful tasty food. I had an enjoyable lunch here. The staff were very professional. The waiter, Jack, was very good. Would go there again.

Date of visit: October 2022
Reviewed 3 October 2022 via mobile

Was staying at a nearby hotel and was recommended this place in the info pack. Arrived at 1730 and spoke to a lady behind the bar about having a meal. She checked the time and informed us that it meals were served from 6pm. We told her we would be back at 6 after wee walk round the village on that she replied see you later and I said that you sure will see us at 6. I found this a bit odd as me and my wife left the pub/restaurant. We had a nice walk around the village and down by the river then made our way back to the hotel for some food. We were asked as we approached the bar if we wanted any drinks we replied yes and some food too. She replied that she was only doing the meals she had booked in and that we couldn’t have a meal. Now I understand that yes she was on herself but what I don’t understand was why we were never told this 30 minutes before. this could of avoided anyone getting disappointed and would probably of led to this not Ben written. Very poor service and a very poor attitude towards customers.

Date of visit: September 2022
Reviewed 3 October 2022 via mobile

This hotel is off the beaten track in a pretty village. We stayed overnight with our dog on the way to Nairn.

Our room faced the road and was spacious with a huge double bed and a single. It was clean and the bathroom was a good size, the shower was hot and powerful enough.

The owner was very friendly and accommodating. We had a nice meal well cooked from a rather limited menu. The owner admitted she made the menu up with 'what she had available'.

Breakfast was included in the room price which is a good selling point. Cereals and fruit juice were available on the table and the cook took the orders for a cooked bfeakfast.

The owner took over the hotel in March so has had little time to refurbish. The public rooms were in need of updating. We ate breakfast in the dining room and dinner in the bar. Part of the dining room was full of junk which they could have screened off from the public.

We enjoyed our overnight stay, our dog was made very welcome and there are several walks within walking distance of the hotel.

I doubt we will stay at the Kirkmichael Hotel again but would recommend for an overnight stay

Date of visit: September 2022
Reviewed 7 September 2022 via mobile

I don’t understand how these so called hotels are able to open as soon as I walked into this place it had a smell that was disgusting like no bins had been emptied for a while and that the inside of the hotel was disgusting too . I heard arguing in the kitchen too by the hotel so called manager and a man’s voice I will be getting in touch with EHO regarding the smell and hopefully it will be shut down I don’t understand people that claim to know how to run a hotel so many untrained employees about

Date of visit: August 2022