The Strathardle Inn
Bridge of Cally Hotel(Bridge of Cally)(Great Value!)
US$91
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Dalmunzie Castle(Spittal of Glenshee)
US$306
  • Restaurant
Dundarach Hotel(Pitlochry)
US$139
Agoda.com
All reviewscateran trailbalmoral chickenfish and chipsglenshee ski centrecullen skinkopen firemain buildinglocal producebridge of callycomfortable roomsitison dealshort drivelovely mealenjoyed our stayfeel very welcomegood sizemain course
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed at the Strathardle Inn as part of an Itison deal. We could not fault the hospitality. Excellent food & drink and comfortable room (6). We'd recommend having an evening meal in the cosy bar which is dog friendly. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. The Cullen Skink was particularly good, but beware, it is quite filling.

The drive from the hotel to Pitlochry is spectacular and the opportunity to visit the Edradour Distillery is well worth it.

Room Tip: Room 6 is located on the corner and is bright and sunny all day with lovely views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I booked a stay at this 'hotel' as the photographs portrayed a lovely, clean hotel/B&B. How wrong I was.

We arrived quite early, so were not able to check in, which was fine - we went to nearby Pitlochry for a wander and when we returned the room was ready.

The room was set away from the main building, and at first glance was clean and freshly decorated. However, on closer inspection, the room was pretty grubby/unfinished. There were cobwebs in both the toilet and main room!

There were tea making facilities, however the kettle had to be plugged in to a socket at floor level, leaving the kettle to sit either on the floor, or on the chair - very dangerous if you have children!

The room was also very cold - there were radiators, however the did not seem hot enough to heat the room. This must be a frequent complaint as there was an additional heater that we had to plug in. I wasn't keen to leave this on overnight in case of fire, therefore I spent a very cold night shivering. I went to use the toilet during the night to be greeted by a huge SLUG on the floor - yuck. I have no idea where it came from, but there must be a ago somewhere in the toilet.

We went for dinner in the bar at around 630 to be greeted with 5 dogs! Not my cup of tea at all. The owner said that this is the norm in country pubs, and to be fair she did offer to seat us in. The adjacent dining room, however this was empty, so we decided to stick with the bar. We managed to get a table beside the window - and furthest away from the dogs - however there were some couples who literally had other peoples dogs at their feet! Not very hygienic when eating dinner at all.

I had fish and chips and my OH had steak. Both were ok.

I would only recommend this place to people who do not mind basic accommodation - perhaps I am fussy but I prefer clean rooms minus the cobwebs/dust and fear of scalding - and those who are very fond of dogs!

3  Thank Miss_honey1
Reviewed 21 March 2014

we stayed here overnight food was great drinks were good the owners made you feel welcome very chatty .a log fire on the go in the bar and we went into the front lounge where they had a big tv to watch and anothe log fire .our room was out of the hotel in the converted barns i think but they were very big clean room 7 needs a new mattress in the double bed as it was very lumpy woke up a few times and had to turn over :( breakfast was lovely

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed with friends a few weeks ago and given all the previous reviews was expecting something fairly special. Sadly this was not the case. Bed was clean but areas in room were badly needing a dust. However given the comments on the food I reserved judgement and looked forward to dinner. Big mistake. Food verging somewhere between terrible and average. Small sitting room, dining room and bar were all extremely cold and on more than one occasion we rose from our table to put more logs on the fire. My friend was so cold during dinner that she had to go upstairs and change into warmer clothes. Felt the lady serving our dinner could have made more of an effort with her dress code! Jeggings and white trainers didn't bode well with me in a dining room. Was so looking forward to our stay and really wanted to like the place but am afraid the new owners have a long way to go before I would be happy to go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank wilmaBroughtyFerry
Reviewed 11 March 2014

stayed here for one night the room was fairly big & the bed was comfy telly was a bit small but thats just me.nice welcoming bar with good guinness the breakfast was beautiful plenty coffee & the snow had fallen through the night nice to look out on.

1  Thank Stuart A