“functional hotel with good access to the M1 and A421”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Bedford Wyboston
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wyboston
“functional hotel with good access to the M1 and A421”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel if very functional and has good access to the M1, Milton Keynes and Bedford. Don't expect frills but the rooms are a good size and it is possible to buy basic supplies from the local petrol station

Room Tip: They are all pretty much the same
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I recently stayed at this branch of Travelodge. When arriving at the front desk, we were greeted with a rude member of staff as he was cold and didn't offer to help us with our bags especially as we had to go upstairs to get to our room with 2 heavy suitcases. We had originally booked a family room and on the website it stated that the pull out bed would be made up. When arriving to the room, we found it wasn't, meaning that we had to go down to get extra sheets. When receiving the sheets we found that they had stains and holes in them which I think is unacceptable. I also found that there was only one towel available and as we had booked a family room I would have expected 3 towels at least. We also had to use the hand towel as a bath mat. As they advertise, they claim that all their hotels have had a recent refurbishment but the staff and the standard of the facilities in the rooms certainly doesn't show any improvement. I would have thought that Travelodge would be trying to compete with its fellow competitors such as Premier Inn but when comparing them together, you can see the huge difference between them. If you are planning to stay here as a family, I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: Try and make sure you get what you ask for
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Fliss_15

Travellers are raving about these Wyboston hotels

Wirral
Reviewed 4 July 2014

hassle free stay, check in a breeze, couldn't fault the room and facilities, had a little chef next door, process ok for area, recommend the breakfast wrap, all in all a very stress free pleasant nights stay. would recommend

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked a night here while passing through and needing somewhere to sleep. How I wish I had booked one of the other nearby hotels.

Granted the room here was cheap, but it doesn't make up for continual noise from rooms all around and above me throughout the evening and overnight.

Several attempts to raise with staff were met with an empty reception, and with no phones in the rooms there was no other way to get in touch with them.

Would most definitely not go back here and would advise anyone who wants to get any sleep to avoid this hotel also.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
2 Thank Mandy S
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Bedford Wyboston, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review Mandy S. We are truly sorry to learn of the disruption to your stay as a result of the noise you experienced in your room. In order to prevent any disruptions to our customers’ stay, we also require a night staff member to patrol the hotel at night to ensure that a respectable level of noise from our other guests is maintained. Additionally, we expect all our guests to receive a high level of customer care from our staff so it is regrettable to learn that this was not provided on this occasion. We will be sure to pass your comments onto the Hotel Manager in order to address the issues you have raised.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I don't expect top quality at a Travelodge, and this one has improved hugely since I last stayed in it 10 years ago, but it does seem this one is a particularly unloved part of the Travelodge empire.

I booked and paid for a family room, as did my friend. I had also phoned before my visit to specifically ask our rooms adjoined. Neither of us got a family room, and we didn't get adjoining rooms either until I asked. The receptionist made a big deal about changing our rooms, but if the manager couldn't be bothered to note down what I asked for I can't blame her for the mix-up. I can blame Travelodge for charging for a family room but not giving me one!

My room was near the entrance so I was kept awake by smokers congregating under my window. It was particularly unpleasant having cigarette smoke wafting into my room because the room was so hot I wanted my windows open. My curtains wouldn't stay closed. My shower curtain was filthy, and I had to evict some local wildlife from the bath before I could use it. Only one towel is ridiculous! My TV was fine, and there was plenty of tea and coffee, which is nice. And I can't complain about the bed and pillows, all of which were comfortable.

As I said, it could have been much worse but, to be honest, I would recommend you stay elsewhere if possible. There are other chain hotels nearby which are likely to have much cleaner rooms and better facilities for the same price.

Room Tip: Don't take rooms 20 & 22 unless you like listening to the smokers chatting and smell their c...
1 Thank Julia M
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Bedford Wyboston, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback Joolsmd. We require our staff to provide a great service so it is truly regrettable to learn you found them to be unhelpful when allocating your rooms. We also concerned to learn that the placement of the smoking area affected your stay so will be sure to inform the hotel to ensure they look into this further. Our rooms are expected to be clean and fresh with the correct amount of towels for the occupant’s so we are sorry this was not the case. Please be assured we take all comments seriously and we will ensure the hotel are aware of the improvements needed.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Nice clean hotel, conviently situated with friendly staff. There were a couple of issues with my room, only 1 towel and tea bag but the staff were more than happy to help put these right. The bed was very comfortable and the room had recently been refurbished.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Good sized room, comfortable beds and clean. Been put off TL due to what seemed like a dire need of a refresh but this place was fine. Lovely staff on the desk, smiling, polite and courteous.
Had the little bottles of shower gel, I thought they were going to stop issuing them? Bathroom very basic but perfectly satisfactory. Plenty of tea and coffee etc. Good modern TV, ample power points. All in all fine and dandy and a big cheer for the cheery staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyboston
Wyboston Lakes Hotel
Travelodge Bedford
Travelodge Bedford
#9 of 18 in Bedford
Travelodge Bedford Marston Moretaine
Travelodge Bedford Marston Moret...
#1 of 1 in Marston Moretaine
Travelodge Cambridge Central Hotel

Been to Travelodge Bedford Wyboston? Share your experiences!