The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf
US$87
  • Restaurant
US$86
Very Good 4/5
Nags Head Hotel(St Neots)(Great Value!)
US$102
Travelocity
US$71
Travelodge Bedford Goldington Road(Bedford)(Great Value!)
US$60
The Crown Hotel(Biggleswade)
US$70
  • Restaurant
3,404 results
All reviewswyboston lakeswater bedsleisure centrecoffee machinedeluxe roomcourse dinneroverlooking the lakegreat facilitiesrelaxing staycomplimentary mini barbirthday treatwaterfront restaurantafternoon teasteam roomtabletthermalconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed here for work. The restaurant/bar wasn't busy but drinks took 20mins to arrive. Nobody bothered to take our orders. Basically, you'll get served when they want to serve you. A wedding party was there on the Saturday evening, so service was almost totally dedicated to them. Service was even worse! Bacon warmed up from the previous day for breakfast. Mmmm, not. Rooms/decor are severely dated & need bringing up to date. Captive audience, as there are no restaurants or anything within walking distance. Sandy is the closest town & I'd advice to go there or St Neots for dinner. Wouldn't stay here again even if the company are paying for it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mr_A50
CSWybo, Customer Services Manager at The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Customer service is of fundamental importance to us here at Wyboston Lakes and it is disappointing to read about your experience. I have passed on your feedback regarding the restaurant and bar service to the restaurant manager for comment and action.

Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback as it is very important to us. We do hope that you will consider returning to Wyboston Lakes in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Good clean rooms, comfortable accommodation. Showers amazing unlike most chains with trickling supplies. Golf course is absolutely beautiful, outstandingly good condition with challenging and interesting holes.Loved all the wildlife and lakes and the pure peacefulness of the rounds we played. Didn't use the Spa as fell in love with the golf course and played instead. Beautiful bar and restaurant area. Lake terrace a welcome chilling area. Breakfast was outstanding as were all the wonderful friendly staff, lunch was delicious, only negative was the evening meal - less 'arty' and more substance and this place would be perfect. Evening meal was overpriced but the rest was completely fair.

Room Tip: As with all hotels chose an upstairs room as late guests in rooms above always make too much noise on squeaky floorboards..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi M

Thank you for such great feedback, and we are so glad that you really enjoyed your time at Wyboston Lakes. We hope to see you back here in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have just spent an amazing day at YSpa.

We arrived at 9 and checked in really easily, completing a brief questionnaire whilst enjoying a complimentary welcome drink, we had been before so didn't need a tour etc but this was offered on our first visit 2 months ago.

The place was very quiet when we arrived and we were truly spoilt by having the outdoor hydrotherapy pool to ourselves for the best part of an hour, we loved the pool back in February but it was even better today drowned in glorious April sunshine-absolute bliss! It was also warm and sheltered enough to 'sunbathe' in costumes around the hydrotherapy pool...I sit here now with a 'pink chest'!

A buffet lunch kept us going all day and there was a lovely choice of different salads, jacket potatoes with a variety of fillings, chicken, salmon and rice. Some yummy desserts to choose from too and all in a lovely room overlooking the lake and golf course!

The treatments are all fantastic (certainly the ones we've experienced), on this occasion I had a back and scalp massage (there are no words to describe how relaxing this was!) and a pedicure. I've also had a facial here which was lovely too.

The facilities here are superb, everything still has that 'new' feeling and everywhere is spotlessly clean. Hair dryers, shampoo and shower gel are all provided for use and there are bags for wet costumes. There is cold water available throughout the day and magazines and books to borrow if you fancy a read.

The option of fresh, dry, clean towels throughout the day is a bonus and the complimentary robe and slippers are handy for during lunch.

We didn't spend as much time relaxing 'indoors' this time as the weather was so nice outside but the 'Time to Relax' area indoors is lovely with little pods to sit in and 3 amazingly warm water beds to rest on as well as a 'big sleep' room with beds, duvets and fleecy throws!

We love YSpa and will definitely be back! Well done to all staff! Keep up the good work!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MissW31

What a fabulous review, thank you! It is lovely to hear that you really enjoyed your spa day with us. Your lovely comments have been passed on to our team, and we all look forward to seeing you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stay here often as it is very close to one of our Business facilities and certainly for the price is fairly good in comparison to some of the other local options. The Spa is completely separate as far as cost is concerned so I've never touched it! The hotel is fine and they do appear to be trying to make some improvements - most recent addition being a rather nice coffee machine in your room. Don't take any more than 4 coffees though (for a double room) as that is all the capsules they provide at any one point in time. Toiletries provided in bathroom not good quality so recommend you take your own especially shampoo for the ladies! If you are on the ground floor - be aware there can be a lot of noise from the upper storey - floors seem awfully thin with no sound insulation. The radiators in the rooms are always switched off so you have to actively turn them on / up! Food - isn't cheap but nice selection and well presented. They have made the approach more casual including how the staff look - don't like it at all. Staff in jeans for example serving in the restaurant which is a bit of a mis match.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not accept a room facing onto the back entrance where deliveries come in as they start at some god awful hour of the morning!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We have introduced new additions to the bedroom this year to enhance the experience such as the coffee machine and we are glad that you like it. The toiletries in the room have been carefully considered, however your comments shall be taken on board.

Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed here this weekend just gone and wasn't sure due to te mixed reviews I had read but I absolutely loved it!!!. When booking I chose to book the Wyboston suite and I'm very glad I did as it was worth the little bit extra!!! We had a kingsize bed and a seperate room in our suite with a corner sofa, dining table and kitchen area for tea and coffees that are provided. Everything was spotlessly clean and walking in to find an Easter egg was very nice of them as well as having two TV's. We had a 3 course dinner that evening which was superb! Calamari for starters, steak for main and sticky toffee pud for desert! I found the set menu was very well picked and service was fantastic. We also had our treatment on the day we arrived and I had a back massage which was amazing and I felt very welcomed. The next day the breakfast was very nice although I did find a hair in my mushrooms but understand this can happen anywhere! Was really nice to sit beside the lake in the morning whilst eating. We then used the spa for 4 hours included in our hideaway spa package and I thought it was lovely! My favourite was the outside steamed pool I just didn't want to leave. I also loved the waterbeds and mist showers that seemed to be scented with oranges?!!. I felt very relaxed and loved the fact we could then go to our 2 course lunch in our robes. Lunch was a Carvery and I had a chocolate type mousse for desert. I thought the value for money after this weekend was very worth it and enjoyed every second of it!!! Very happy and will be returning again!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank DanielleKrn

Wow what a lovely review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments have been passed on to the team. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Wyboston Lakes very soon.