Went to a dinner dance at this venue. Excellent food and venue, just seemed let down by the lack of staff and hence resultant service:
- Inordinate wait at the bar for service
- inordinate wait to bring the food to the tables, with just one small team to service all the tables
- inordinate wait to be served the after dinner coffee, with just one small team to service all the tables
- no alterntive to the (stewed) coffee offered. Wife asked for mint tea which never arrived
- lack of cloak room - eventually left coats at reception after wasting several minutes trying to find a simple coat rack
All a symptom of a lack of staff necessary to cope with the event. The staff themselves were very friendly and courteous - just seemed a lack of them.
I would otherwise recommend the venue for corporate events, but unfortunately it doesn't appear geared to be able to cope as it appears unable to react to and increase the necessary staffing levels as appropriate. Shame really, as I otherwise really enjoyed the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyboston Lakes Hotel is set in 365 acres of countryside, midway between Cambridge and Milton Keynes. It is home to the Waterfront Restaurant which enjoys stunning views of the lake and golf course. The Hotel has 103 furnished ensuite bedrooms with all the amenities you would expect from when you are away from home. It provides a perfect setting for private dining or special occasions, with dining areas and party rooms overlooking the lake. Wyboston Lakes Hotel makes the perfect destination for visitors to the area of Milton Keynes, Bedford, Cambridge or Peterborough. As well as lots to do in the region, there are a wide range of activities for you to enjoy and the flexibility to have your stay just as you want it. Enjoy time at Y Spa, our stunning spa facility, providing relaxation, rejuvenation and pleasure. Y Spa offers wonderful therapies to take you away and revive tired bodies and minds. Incorporating stunning therapy rooms, steam and salt rooms, Rasul, water beds and relax areas. A signature feature is the external hydro-pool and kelo sauna, which is connected internally to the thermal suite with an open fireplace and loungers poolside. The 18 hole golf course is beautifully set with great views and challenging play. We offer a residents golf rate of £14 per person mid-week, or £25 per person at the weekend. In addition we also have a Golf Driving Range. The Wyboston Lakes Health & Leisure Club is a great place to work-out and guests of Wyboston Lakes Hotel can use this facility free of charge. Guests staying at the Hotel can also enjoy FREE Wi-Fi across the hotel as well as in the bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Wyboston Lakes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyboston Lakes Hotel Wyboston
- Lakes Hotel Wyboston