The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$76
PremierInn.com
Nags Head Hotel(St Neots)(Great Value!)
US$97
Orbitz.com
US$67
Priceline
Travelodge Bedford Goldington Road(Bedford)(Great Value!)
US$57
The Crown Hotel(Biggleswade)
US$66
  • Restaurant
3,432 results
All reviewswyboston lakeswater bedsleisure centrecoffee machinedeluxe roomcourse dinneroverlooking the lakegreat facilitiesrelaxing staycomplimentary mini barbirthday treatwaterfront restaurantafternoon teasteam roomtabletthermalconference
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Been there one more time for 2 nights. Food is still fabulous, rooms are more than adequate and the surroundings give you options like golf, gym, etc. Wireless access is fast and free everywhere in the hotel. Excellent staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CSWybo, Guest Relations Manager at The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thanks for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us yet again.
We hope to welcome you back again soon for a further visit.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 5, staying in 3 rooms during a hen weekend. We expected a more distinctively marked hotel entrance, especially as this is such a big complex to negotiate. The rooms, although small, were comfortable and adequately
equipped. We had treatments and meals included in our weekend package and were informed of treatment times when we visited the Spa. The champagne and cup cakes were lovely but the cafe area, lacking in natural light and comfortable seating, was a disappointment. The staff in the Spa Reception and Spa itself were professional and helpful. Treatments were excellent. The spa pool lacked shaded seating - in fact, because so many people had 'bagged' seats by leaving towels draped over chairs, there was a general shortage of seating both in full sun and shade. The dining room appeared disorganised. At dinner we expected to be taken straight to a table but, instead, had to wait for this to be set up. Similarly, our breakfast table had to be laid but still lacked cups and saucers and condiments. At lunchtime, some food options had run out and had not been replenished. For example, there was only one portion of fruit salad left. We requested more but gave up waiting for this and chose something else. The food we had was of good quality. The staff, although helpful, seemed to lack direction and appeared thin on the ground. We should have liked to take a walk after breakfast but there was nowhere to go. A beautiful lake, which would have provided a lovely environment for a walk, appeared accessible only to golfers. In general we enjoyed our stay but felt it could have provided better value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Sheila S

Thank you for sparing the time to give us your feedback. We have noted your comments regarding seating in the Spa areas and these have been passed to our Spa Director for review.
The comments regarding the Restaurant food and service have been passed to our Restaurant Manager for review and action to ensure this does not happen again in the future.
With regard to "a walk", our Reception team could have directed you to the Nature Reserve that we have on site, the information is also in the bedroom information pack - perhaps next time you will have the opportunity to explore this lovely area.
It is nice to read that on the whole you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

When I first pulled up at the hotel I was a little dissapointed as the building looks kind of semi-industrial from the front. However the inside hides the skeleton of the building nicely, is clean, smart, modern and comfortable. The staff, especially the 2 bar staff, were helpfull, welcoming and cheerfull. Plenty of places to sit and be comfortable in the bar with the option of a lovely patio area overlooking the lake, should the weather permit. We ate at the bar on our 1st night and was dissapointed I had a Chicken ceaser which was nice but not worth the money paid and my friend had burger and potato wedges. He was very dissapointed with his dinner as expensive for what it was and came with only 7 tiny wedges. The room was well equipped with a flat screen tv, excellent coffee machine and all mod cons. The shower was clean, hot and powerfull. I was on the bottom floor so I did here the person above clonking around. The breakfast was buffet style with all mod cons, very tasty and good quality. We used the Gym and swimming pool, I was surprised to be charged £7 for the priveledge (bit of a cheek as I was a guest I thought) the Gym was well equipped, in fact it looks and probally is a proper health club. I would return.

Room Tip: Top floor if you dont want to hear footsteps from above.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan M

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Your comments about your meal have been passed to our newly appointed Chef for review and action.
The Health & Leisure Club is a private members club which is operated by a third party, therefore a nominal charge is made for using this facility whilst you are with us.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a package for this hotel for 6 of us to celebrate our friends hen do. We were lucky to get a fantastic May offer which gave us evening meal, breakfast, 4 hours in the spa followed by lunch. Food was lovely I was especially impressed with the carvery lunch we had on the Sunday given I was expecting a light lunch like I've had a other spas. The spa facilities were by far the best I've experienced in a while. It was fairly quiet, infact I don't think we went in a room occupied by anyone else. Staff were attentive a polite throughout the hotel. At our evening meal on Saturday a member of the staff I presume part of the management team came and asked the hen about wedding plans as well as our stay which was nice. My only complaint is the speed at which our evening meals came out. The first two were served and some 5 minutes later another 3. I had to ask where the last one was at least another 5 minutes after that which meant some of the meals were luke warm by the time everyone started. Other than that a wonderful weekend spent in lovely surroundings

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank beckylaw83
CSWybo, Guest Relations Manager at The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us. Your comment about the evening meal service has been noted and passed to our Restaurant Manager.
Your lovely comments about the Spa have been passed onto the team, and I am so pleased that you and the Hen Party had a wonderful time with us. I hope you will visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The grounds and lake are beautiful and well maintained but are outweighed by the negatives unfortunately...
Our bedroom was depressingly BROWN, and ripe for refurbishment. The bathroom was also in real need of updating. As for the breakfast, it was of a disappointingly low standard with poor quality bacon and sausage and grey-tinged scrambled egg. Friendly and helpful staff but I would still not return.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Elizabeth490

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We do buy high quality fresh ingredients for all our meals, but clearly did not pay enough attention on this particular morning, for which I apologise. The bedroom and bathroom refurbishment project is scheduled for 2 the second half of 2015.