“A fantastic treat”

Wyboston Lakes Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wyboston
“A fantastic treat”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I visited here last weekend with two friends to celebrate a birthday.

From the moment we arrived the staff were polite, friendly and very welcoming.

We arrived for a Chillax day. Arriving at 9.30, we were checked in and given silicone bracelets. These are your locker key, door opener and charge card all in one!

We were briefly shown around and then left to our own devices. We had treatments at 10.30 so headed upstairs to the treatment rooms. The waiting room was very tranquil and a good indication of what was to come.

I was not disappointed, I had a full body massage. Lasted 50 mins and I loved every minute of it. After massages we headed downstairs to the sauna (salty!) very quiet and relaxing, after a blast in the cold shower we braved the ice wall-it's just that.. A wall of ice to hug!

To warm up we went into the Hydrotherapy Pool. You walk down the steps (which are inside) and these take you outside into the pool. The water was lovely and warm and had jacuzzis along the back walk to sit and relax.

Outside is also where you will find the very hot sauna, which we didn't brave. The outside seating area is made up of a fire built into the brick wall surrounded by rattan sofas and deck chairs!

We had lunch promptly at 1pm, this was a hot and cold buffet and was very tasty. The view was lovely as it over looked the lake. It is a bit odd sitting in a restaurant in a dressing gown and slippers and some guests are fully dressed as not using the spa however nobody battered an eyelid.

After lunch we went to the chilling area. Made up of three areas; sound proofing pods in which to sit and read or nod off, water beds complete with duvets (three of these) and a very dark, gorgeously quiet room with beds and tiny LED lights by which to read. We sat in all three areas but our favourite was the 'bed room', where the three of us promptly feel asleep!

After one more treatment we had another round of sauna and hydro pool.... Loved it just as much.

I can honestly say we walked out of the spa feeling relaxed and very happy. I have two small children, 2&4 and this is a fantastic place to unwind, spend a day away from the carnage of home and get to feel like you again.

Even with it being only 25mins from home it still felt like I was a world away. I cannot rate it highly enough.

We will be coming back and next time I am hoping to do the over night stay too. Don't hesitate and just book it, you won't regret it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
CSWybo, Guest Relations Manager at Wyboston Lakes Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you so very much for your wonderful feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your day with us and you left feeling rejuvenated and ready to face the challenges of being a busy Mum. We look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A brief visit to this hotel on business. On a purely functional level it is clean and comfortable with some nice touches - a coffee machine in the room (which I failed miserably the first time to work out how it worked!). The location is pleasant but has the appearance of an industrial site that is trying very hard to be a luxury spa. The rooms are mostly housed in warehouse style blocks that have been decorated to look pleasant. Sadly however lavish the wallpaper it is still obvious that it is housed in what could easily be an industrial unit. There are lots of facilities for those that like golf etc. and the breakfast was pretty much standard hotel buffet breakfast, nothing special but fine. The staff were pleasant, car parking good and access to road network easy. The 1 am fire alarm caused by over keen cleaners in the spa was a little loud! but on the up side the fire alarms work...on the downside no one evacuated! Conclusion, its nice enough but nothing special, I wouldn't pay loads to stay, so watch for good deals. Lacks any real charm or character but functions efficiently and for a bed for the night is quite acceptable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
CSWybo, Guest Relations Manager at Wyboston Lakes Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your views with us, we value each and every piece of feedback we receive from our guests. I do hope you will visit with us again soon.
milton keynes
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My daughter treated me to a spa break here on the last bank holiday in May. We had the Runway deal which was DBB, use of the spa and a treatment and my daughter upgraded to an executive room all for £109 so excellent value. We had a lovely time especially in the spa, everything was excellent including the treatments and the therapists were very professional. The spa was not too busy as we have found in other places we have been crammed in like sardines. The outdoor hydrotherapy pool was fantastic and we loved it. The hotel staff were very good except for one of the waitresses at breakfast as she was miserable looking and gave the impression she did not want to be there. The breakfast was lovely though and the best sausages I have ever had anywhere. The carvery lunch was very tasty and well cooked and the whole package was a very good deal. I would certainly go back but not to an executive room as we had to walk outside past a smoking area to get to the main hotel and spa, not a good idea if its raining! I would still recommend this hotel and spa as on the whole it was a great break and we were able to have some quality Mum and Dauighter time in lovely surroundings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
CSWybo, Guest Relations Manager at Wyboston Lakes Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am delighted that you and your daughter enjoyed your Spa break with us and hope that you felt very relaxed and pampered.
We do hope you will come back and visit with us again soon.
Thessaloniki
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Been there one more time for 2 nights. Food is still fabulous, rooms are more than adequate and the surroundings give you options like golf, gym, etc. Wireless access is fast and free everywhere in the hotel. Excellent staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us yet again.
We hope to welcome you back again soon for a further visit.
Lincoln
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 5, staying in 3 rooms during a hen weekend. We expected a more distinctively marked hotel entrance, especially as this is such a big complex to negotiate. The rooms, although small, were comfortable and adequately
equipped. We had treatments and meals included in our weekend package and were informed of treatment times when we visited the Spa. The champagne and cup cakes were lovely but the cafe area, lacking in natural light and comfortable seating, was a disappointment. The staff in the Spa Reception and Spa itself were professional and helpful. Treatments were excellent. The spa pool lacked shaded seating - in fact, because so many people had 'bagged' seats by leaving towels draped over chairs, there was a general shortage of seating both in full sun and shade. The dining room appeared disorganised. At dinner we expected to be taken straight to a table but, instead, had to wait for this to be set up. Similarly, our breakfast table had to be laid but still lacked cups and saucers and condiments. At lunchtime, some food options had run out and had not been replenished. For example, there was only one portion of fruit salad left. We requested more but gave up waiting for this and chose something else. The food we had was of good quality. The staff, although helpful, seemed to lack direction and appeared thin on the ground. We should have liked to take a walk after breakfast but there was nowhere to go. A beautiful lake, which would have provided a lovely environment for a walk, appeared accessible only to golfers. In general we enjoyed our stay but felt it could have provided better value for money.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Sheila S
Thank you for sparing the time to give us your feedback. We have noted your comments regarding seating in the Spa areas and these have been passed to our Spa Director for review.
The comments regarding the Restaurant food and service have been passed to our Restaurant Manager for review and action to ensure this does not happen again in the future.
With regard to "a walk", our Reception team could have directed you to the Nature Reserve that we have on site, the information is also in the bedroom information pack - perhaps next time you will have the opportunity to explore this lovely area.
It is nice to read that on the whole you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Stanford le Hope, Essex
Reviewed 4 June 2014

When I first pulled up at the hotel I was a little dissapointed as the building looks kind of semi-industrial from the front. However the inside hides the skeleton of the building nicely, is clean, smart, modern and comfortable. The staff, especially the 2 bar staff, were helpfull, welcoming and cheerfull. Plenty of places to sit and be comfortable in the bar with the option of a lovely patio area overlooking the lake, should the weather permit. We ate at the bar on our 1st night and was dissapointed I had a Chicken ceaser which was nice but not worth the money paid and my friend had burger and potato wedges. He was very dissapointed with his dinner as expensive for what it was and came with only 7 tiny wedges. The room was well equipped with a flat screen tv, excellent coffee machine and all mod cons. The shower was clean, hot and powerfull. I was on the bottom floor so I did here the person above clonking around. The breakfast was buffet style with all mod cons, very tasty and good quality. We used the Gym and swimming pool, I was surprised to be charged £7 for the priveledge (bit of a cheek as I was a guest I thought) the Gym was well equipped, in fact it looks and probally is a proper health club. I would return.

Room Tip: Top floor if you dont want to hear footsteps from above.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan M
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Your comments about your meal have been passed to our newly appointed Chef for review and action.
The Health & Leisure Club is a private members club which is operated by a third party, therefore a nominal charge is made for using this facility whilst you are with us.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Birmingham
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a package for this hotel for 6 of us to celebrate our friends hen do. We were lucky to get a fantastic May offer which gave us evening meal, breakfast, 4 hours in the spa followed by lunch. Food was lovely I was especially impressed with the carvery lunch we had on the Sunday given I was expecting a light lunch like I've had a other spas. The spa facilities were by far the best I've experienced in a while. It was fairly quiet, infact I don't think we went in a room occupied by anyone else. Staff were attentive a polite throughout the hotel. At our evening meal on Saturday a member of the staff I presume part of the management team came and asked the hen about wedding plans as well as our stay which was nice. My only complaint is the speed at which our evening meals came out. The first two were served and some 5 minutes later another 3. I had to ask where the last one was at least another 5 minutes after that which meant some of the meals were luke warm by the time everyone started. Other than that a wonderful weekend spent in lovely surroundings

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank beckylaw83
CSWybo, Guest Relations Manager at Wyboston Lakes Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us. Your comment about the evening meal service has been noted and passed to our Restaurant Manager.
Your lovely comments about the Spa have been passed onto the team, and I am so pleased that you and the Hen Party had a wonderful time with us. I hope you will visit with us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyboston
Bedford Swan Hotel
Woodland Manor Hotel
Woodland Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clapham
The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel

Been to Wyboston Lakes Hotel? Share your experiences!