“Lovely and quiet”

Errigal Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cootehill
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Excellent greeting and the booking in process was very swift. My room was fabulous and had a balcony, huge bed and very comfortable and crispy sheets such luxury. Bathroom well appointed with everything you need and clean.
There was a function on in the evening so I ate in the bar, very attentive staff and always a smile on their face, made a refreshing change....... Food good quality and well presented. I was travelling alone so the dim lighting in the bar was very welcome, didn't feel like everyone was watching me.
The reason for my excellent was the complete quite I experienced, no banging doors, no loud TV's , no stomping feet wished all hotels were like this.
If I am working in the area again will stay again.
Only negative - no gym

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen J

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked three rooms for my family and I at the End of May 2014. The receptionist Kinga is very efficient. The beds were extremely comfortable and the decor was bright and breezy. I stayed at this hotel last year and would definitely recommend this hotel. The breakfast is freshly prepared to your liking and has a great choice again staff very helpful and polite. I wish we had time to sample the Spa. We will make time next year.
The hotel could do with exchanging the directional sign post for The White Horse in Cootehill for a sign post to the Errigal as the White Horse has closed down. This would help tourists find the Hotel easier. Thanks to all staff at the Errigal x

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chocolateadict
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went for a night away on my birthday recently. Booked the Executive Suite as a special treat! Room was gorgeous and worth the extra spend. Staff were exceptionally nice, not just in reception but also in the restaurant and bar. Would definitely visit here again in the future and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Choose the Executive room if you have a little extra to spend, its worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Went for a short spa break with hubby. First night away from kids in 4.5yrs so we had high expectations. We were not disappointed. Location was beautiful, hotel was clean and rooms beautifully furnished. Meal was top quality ( reccommend the sea food chowder). We had a full body swedish massage with Maggie and the girls which was first class and chilled out in the relaxation suite. Two hours relaxing went by in a flash. Will definately be back again, hopefully we will not have to wait another 4.5yrs!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Went but didnt stay. Had heard rave reviews about this place but I was completely underwhelmed. Dated and over rated.
Place could do with a good clean before id consider revisiting. Bar staff could do with hot whiskey presentation lessons.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank angusdoll
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here for a wedding, I was very impressed with our bed room, it was huge with a lovely big bath. The staff couldn't do enough for us. The grounds are very well kept, flowers everywhere!!! I'd highly recommend this hotel if your visiting Cootehill or attending a wedding.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great break in a really nice, clean, modern hotel. Exceptional breakfast just put the icing on the cake. Also permitted us a late check out on the final day. Some beautiful scenery in the local area. Will definitely return again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cootehill
Cavan Crystal Hotel
#3 of 4 in Cavan
Lakeside Manor Hotel
Lakeside Manor Hotel
#2 of 2 in Virginia

Been to Errigal Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!