“Time and time again...”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cootehill
Ireland
“Time and time again...”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I keep coming back! I travel to this area for work and have a choice of where I can stay - but time and time again, I keep coming back to the Errigal Country House Hotel.

This time I stayed in room 230 which is probably one of the best rooms in the hotel. It certainly is a large room with a very large balcony. The room was very comfortable and it was nice to see fresh flowers in the room when I arrived. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. The balcony had lovely views of the gardens and as it was a lovely evening it was nice to spend some time on the balcony. However, if I had to make one negative comment it is that - given the massive size of the balcony - there should be some patio furniture on it. It didn't feel right to take on of the chairs from the bedroom to sit on it.

One of the things I like about this hotel is that they keep trying to improve an already great product. Each time I arrive I notice something new. This time it was a small welcome fountain at the entrance to the car park. Last time it was a new entrance facade. This is a sign that the owners have pride in their product and know that when you are standing still you may well be moving backwards!

Looking forward already to my next stay.

Room Tip: Rooms 229 & 230 are about the best but they are a different rate from the other rooms. I'm...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Went for a weekend away recently Really enjoyed the hotel. The beds were extremely comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel Staff were very nice and friendly. Food was great will defiently return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Excellent greeting and the booking in process was very swift. My room was fabulous and had a balcony, huge bed and very comfortable and crispy sheets such luxury. Bathroom well appointed with everything you need and clean.
There was a function on in the evening so I ate in the bar, very attentive staff and always a smile on their face, made a refreshing change....... Food good quality and well presented. I was travelling alone so the dim lighting in the bar was very welcome, didn't feel like everyone was watching me.
The reason for my excellent was the complete quite I experienced, no banging doors, no loud TV's , no stomping feet wished all hotels were like this.
If I am working in the area again will stay again.
Only negative - no gym

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen J
worcestershire
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked three rooms for my family and I at the End of May 2014. The receptionist Kinga is very efficient. The beds were extremely comfortable and the decor was bright and breezy. I stayed at this hotel last year and would definitely recommend this hotel. The breakfast is freshly prepared to your liking and has a great choice again staff very helpful and polite. I wish we had time to sample the Spa. We will make time next year.
The hotel could do with exchanging the directional sign post for The White Horse in Cootehill for a sign post to the Errigal as the White Horse has closed down. This would help tourists find the Hotel easier. Thanks to all staff at the Errigal x

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chocolateadict
Mullingar, Ireland
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went for a night away on my birthday recently. Booked the Executive Suite as a special treat! Room was gorgeous and worth the extra spend. Staff were exceptionally nice, not just in reception but also in the restaurant and bar. Would definitely visit here again in the future and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Choose the Executive room if you have a little extra to spend, its worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Went for a short spa break with hubby. First night away from kids in 4.5yrs so we had high expectations. We were not disappointed. Location was beautiful, hotel was clean and rooms beautifully furnished. Meal was top quality ( reccommend the sea food chowder). We had a full body swedish massage with Maggie and the girls which was first class and chilled out in the relaxation suite. Two hours relaxing went by in a flash. Will definately be back again, hopefully we will not have to wait another 4.5yrs!

• Stayed May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Went but didnt stay. Had heard rave reviews about this place but I was completely underwhelmed. Dated and over rated.
Place could do with a good clean before id consider revisiting. Bar staff could do with hot whiskey presentation lessons.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank angusdoll
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cootehill
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Lakeside Manor Hotel
Lakeside Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Virginia
Crover House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Errigal Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!