“What a great place to visit”
Review of Eden Project

Eden Project
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Bodelva
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Trek through the world's largest indoor rainforest, take in the sights and smells of our Mediterranean Biome, and explore our huge outdoor gardens. At the Eden Project you'll discover the fascinating relationships between plants and people. You'll also find a full calendar of family events throughout the year and music festivals in the summer. As an educational charity we run transformational social and environmental projects locally and internationally.
Reviewed 24 November 2016

Visited here when it first opened, and wasn't disappointed on my return. Lots of things to do and see, even out of season. The meal in Eden kitchen cafe was lovely - the spicy baked ratatouille was just that!! Well worth the ticket price. (You can save a bit of money by getting a combined ticket with the Lost Gardens of Heligan)

Write a ReviewReviews (10,172)
All reviews
in 127 reviews
"rainy day"
in 252 reviews

Reviewed 24 November 2016

Remarkable achievement to create tropical and mediterranean environments in such an unlikely place. A lot to see but the whole enterprise is clearly geared to cope with large numbers of visitors and so it feels like more of a theme park than a botanical miracle. Would visit the Lost Gardens of Heligan again but not sure about the Eden Project.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

The rave reviews brought us there, and we were even happy to pay the full price (GBP25 or slightly cheaper if booking online) since they make it abundantly clear that your contribution is going towards building the ongoing dream.

But I couldn't help feel that they really could make it a lot more interactive and engaging - eg to help stimulate learning. One staff member was doing a great job explaining about the cork trees but I think there was ample oppty for much more or that sort of thing.

There was a very large cafe with very large prices. Again, some of the cost goes towards the project...

Lots of work was going on inside the biodomes which gave the place an 'unfinished' feel - which I suppose it very much is...

Not a bad way to spend a wet day. There's a coat rack in between the 2 biodomes which we found quite late in the piece.

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend visited the Eden Project on 12th November 2016. It was a brilliant experience and there's so much to explore. The only downside was the weather wasn't brilliant so we couldn't really properly explore outside. The biomes are fascinating. I will definitely be returning when the new walkway in the rainforest biome is finished

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 November 2016

The Eden Project offer what they refer to as 'community weekends' whereby if you have a certain occupation or employer you and your immediate family can visit the Eden project for free. You will, if you search hard enough, find this information on their website and will save you paying their extortionate entrance fees.
So, having a free visit I decided to visit with my family....we had not been for a number of years and the deterioration is startling! The signs are faded, the toilets dirty, paths broken up, handrails rickety etc etc. It feels unloved. I did not see one member of staff with a brush or cloth and considering we arrived early I can only assume the rubbish on the floor around the ice rink was from the previous days.
Food - having got in for free I decided to treat the family to lunch rather than take a picnic.....what a terrible mistake well unless you are happy to pay £8.95 for Spicy Thai fishcakes! There was no option for a light lunch, baguette, jacket potato, cornish pasty etc and I felt thoroughly ripped off! £2 for small tea in a paper cup!!!!!!!

Even though we got in for free we still spent over £50 feeding a family of four....my leg was truly lifted! I will never go there again...even for free.

Lets hope Mr Smit and his commercialism does not have the same effect on Heligan which is now under the same ownership.

EdenProjectStaff, Customer Liaison at Eden Project, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Thank you for your comments, we are sorry you were disappointed. We offer free community weekends each year as a thank you to the communities who support us. Our normal pricing structure covers our day to day running of the Project and some of our international charity work, but it is cheaper if tickets are booked on line. Visitors from Cornwall and Devon are offered a local pass. We have four catering outlets, each offering different food and prices so that visitors have a choice. Pasties and baguettes are available here. Your fishcake meal would have included three vegetable portions. All ingredients are sourced from small local suppliers and where possible are organic and fair trade. This costs a little more but we still manage to stay in line with other similar local catering outlets. Sir Tim Smit, along with John Nelson discovered and restored the Lost Gardens of Heligan and later co-founded The Eden Project.